Do I have a right to be mad?

So my boyfriend and I were texting and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was talking to a cute, sweet guy and I told him to guess who it was. Of course I was talking about him and he knew too. But then he messaged saying that if it had been someone else, he would've been "pissed, morley pissed ". I got mad because it felt like he was being an ass. Why would I say those things about another guy to him? I'm 17 by the way

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't get mad, he was just stating if it was another guy you were talking to it would have hurt him deeply. He was just making a suggestion. Like if you tell him, if you cheat on me that will make me so upset and hard to forgive you. It just a way of telling someone you wouldn't want that to happen because it will hurt so much. Take it easy on him, he didn't mean you no harm. If he accused you of talking to another guy then, that a reason to be upset when you know you are not talking to another guy.

Most Helpful Girl

• The cute I am talking to you really is sweet. But you have to keep in mind that any guy will find the need to let you know that he will be hurt if you are talking to another guy. If a man has feelings for you he doesn't want to share you, as I am sure you would do the same thing to him. Especially since you are 17, I don't know you but most men are still building up confidence in their selves until at least 25. Cut him a little slack and realize that the reason why he said those things is because he likes you... very much.

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't be pissed, I can understand your feelings though. He's just interested in protecting the relationship. You can be glad he gives a crap, cause from his point of view it's not just about what you would do. It's about what some other guy. might do.

• This is why "hinting" doesn't work. Use plain language.

• Yes, you have a right to be mad. Jealousy destroys a relationship with great efficiency, but your boyfriend is probably too young to understand that right now.

What Girls Said 3

• Some people can't take a joke or catch a hint. Don't be mad about it. He's just protective over you and hates the idea of another guy being involved. Let it go :)

• Maybe he was just kidding around with you, but you took it in the wrong context because it was over text?

• tell him he is the only one your are talking about and that he is hot when he is jealous