Assclowns, assclowns everywhere?

Mostly I'm venting: Every guy I've dated, we started out as friends first. My last two boyfriends (who became friends) are assholes. First one is still apologizing for cheating on me and wants us to get back together and the recent one keeps telling everyone details on our sex (we're 25). I loved the last one and he broke up with me basically saying "a relationship is more work than I really want"(saw him twice a week and texted him once a week). Another friend that liked me (and I liked him) asked me out by saying "I like you and this other girl and she wants to fuck me but I like you more"-winner winner. I feel like I'm still in high school. The guys that I just started meeting in different settings have made it pretty clear all they want is sex. I'm not ONLY losing hope, I'm losing sanity. I guess I'm asking for opinions if it's some kind of vibe I'm giving off? similar situations? i did change a lot about me since my ex (Ive been sober over a year, stopped partying and now I work 50-60hr weeks and goto school full time, I've started traveling and picked up some hobbies) I've been single for a while and only have been on a few dates with guys who called me 'an opportunity they couldn't pass up' or tried to get in my pants and when I said no they ignored me the rest of the night (awkward times vacationing at our mutual friends place). I don't mind being single right now but i just want to stop dating assholes all together since I've noticed it's a trend for me, I'm getting too old lol constructive advice would be very appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are choosing bad men continuously then it's not just those men that are the problem; it also encompasses YOU.

You need to take heed of any potential warning signs, listen to your instincts, if someone sounds too good be true, the chances are they probably are.

If you do miss any warning signs that's fine, but you need have a zero tolerance approach to behaviour that YOU deem UNACCEPTABLE, DISRESPECTFUL and behaviour which does not MATCH YOUR MORAL COMPASS.

People call me cynical, but I can spot a good woman from a bad one based on my interaction with them, based on their interaction with others and based on the information that they disclose to me. Of course this not full proof, nothing is full proof, but improving your filter system will help you weed out the good from the bad, the mediocre from the great, fantastic from the plastic.

What Guys Said 4

• the buzz lightyear meme would have added nicely to this lol

no way to tell if its a vibe you're giving off, I don't know you. but what I can say is keep going, because there is a guy out there just for you, and you won't find him if you don't try, start to lose hope.

• Have you asked yourself why you are attracting assholes? Have you tried pursuing guys who aren't assholes?

• I would say you need to relax a bit, i don't answer for your question tho.

• I think you just make poor choices. 95% of men are assholes and 95% of women are bitches, so you have to choose wisely! ahahah

What Girls Said 1

• There are many people who prove themselves to be assholes, however you should be more careful before deciding to date someone.
    There are so many people who may try to take advantage of you.
    It's a good thing that you changed in a positive way though (working, school, being sober, stopped partying etc). It's a really important step.
    There is no such thing as a "trend". You just need to stop dating people who have a tendency to behave in a shitty way towards other people because odds are that they will start behaving in a shitty way towards you too.
    It's not really that difficult to discern them from the rest.
    And don't be silly, you are not getting too old. You are still very young.