Does it matter if they're married?

When you're hooking up for a casual fling that you don't expect to turn into anything, do you care if the other person is married, or is that their issue, not yours, to worry about?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well...if you were a caring person you would consider the fact that when you hook up with a married man, you're hurting someone who has never ever done anything to you. And if he has children, it's worse. But I guess if you're the type of hook up with married people, you wouldn't even consider anyone else except yourself.

What Girls Said 5

• thats like intenting to ruin a marriage. though you don't realize it. but you never know what it might cause in the long run. you might not mean any harm, but the woman (who's someones wife) might take it differently. I mean it doesn't seem like its your fault and it's mostly the shalllowness of the other person, but eventually, you're the cause of it! if you get what I mean

• I would definitely have issues with having a fling with a married man. While it may seem like it's their issue, if you get caught, you're in trouble, too. Even if it's fun for a while, the unmarried party is bound to get hurt in the end because, statistically, the married party rarely leaves for the other woman. Spare the heartache and have a fling with someone who is unmarried. No strings attached, no guilt, no paranoia, and only pleasure.

• I do just because it can backfire big time. Initially it may seem that it's less pressure since it probably will not turn into anything, but being with someone that is emotionally unavailable takes its toll if it becomes a longterm thing. I also believe in karma, and wouldn't want to be the woman cheated on.

• yes, it does. not only are you potentially breaking up a marriage and wrecking a home, but it is not solely her issue. it's both of yours'. what if feelings develop, what is she gets pregnant, etc. if you have to ask, you already know that this is most likely deemed wrong. if you're going to be having casual flings, the other person still concerns you even if you're just looking out for your own interests.

• Well married people shouldn't be having casual flings to begin with but I wouldn't. I'd feel guilty having an affair with a married man, not to mention feeling like a home wrecking whore. There are enough people out there that aren't married that if I wanted a casual fling I'd do it with someone who isn't married.

What Guys Said 1

• In my opinion it really depend on the circumstances. Is the husband aware of it? Does he approve? More importantly, does he have a gun? Especially regarding the last question/point, it may very well be your problem.