Is she lying to me? Please Answer?

I'm a guy, I'm 16 and a junior in high school. I have a girlfriend I've been with for almost 5 months. I just want to set the tone now, she's my first girlfriend as I've been rejected twice. When I saw her I was sure I had no chance, but I had the shot, when I've got it I take it so I did. Her response left me in shock, she smiled and said yes, I couldn't believe it. She's beautiful, nice, cool and I really like her but she won't give me any affection in public. She'll talk to me and hug me, but she won't hold my hand, lean against me, kiss me, cuddle with me or anything in public. But she does all those things with me in private. Yesterday I asked her what was going on, I started by asking if she was embarrassed, than I said "you can barely hug me in front of one of your friends, are you even into me"? Then she kissed me and said "you know I love you" but I couldn't say I believe her. Did she lie to me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I hate to say it, but It does kinda sound like she doesn't want to be seen with you.

Or she could be shy about having a boyfriend and is nervous about how people would react and it has nothing to do with you personally.

for ur sake, i hope it's the second

Most Helpful Guy

• She might just not be comfortable with public displays of affection. Nothing wrong with that. I say mellow out or you'll push her away if you harp on it too much.

What Girls Said 2

• Some people just don't like public affection.

• That's because she probably feels nervous/awkward doing such things in public. Many people are like that. I am not sure if you should display your insecurities that early in your relationship though because you may end up driving her away.

What Guys Said 3

• There has been no deception. She's just not comfortable with PDA's. So give her time to adjust and get comfortable with you. 5 months is still a young relationship.

• not everyone likes pda... or being around it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcWM_1hBu_c

• Some people are just not comfortable with showing affection in public.