How many times a week should a guy call a girl he is dating?

I have been dating this guy for about 3 weeks...6 times...he recently was at my house, said he enjoyed my company, said what his plans were for the weekend,and asked about mine. He had to go out of town for the weekend. When he got back in town he sent me a message saying that he just wanted to say hello...ask how my weekend was, letting me know that he was very tired as he had a long trip and would talk to me during the week.

How often should a guy/girl be in contact when dating?

What Guys Said 1

• That depends. Is he dating you exclusively? If you're one of a few women he's seeing then a couple times a week is probably reasonable. If you're the only one he's seeing then I'd say at least every two or three days. Expecting daily calls after only three weeks of dating would seem a little unreasonable to me. If/when you become a significant part of his life, to the extent that he's planning his schedule in conjunction with yours and it's a given that if one of you attend a party or play or concert that the other is going along, then I'd say daily contact is reasonable.

• He has said I am the only one he is talking to or seeing....and likewise for me. I don't think we are at the part of planning everything we do around each other. So I guess every couple days would be reasonable.

What Girls Said 0