Am I my gfs rebound?

I just started dating my current girlfriend a few weeks ago. Her ex boyfriend and her dated for 6 months and were pretty serious I guess. They broke up about two months ago. When they broke up he messed things up pretty bad and he got involved when she was talking to another guy (Not me) and she told me she hated him. We have been. moving pretty fast and she says she loves me and I do to, but I can't help to think she still loves him. Am I a rebound?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be if it was that recent. And she might not be completely over him if she trash talks him saying how much she hates him. However, you shouldn't doom your chances of finding a healthy relationship with this person even if it was a rebound status. There is a high rate in chance for rebound BASE relationships to work out for the better. And 6 months really isn't that long of anything to be much of a threat to you.

Just try to ignore her past when you're with her.

Make her feel glad she found you and avoid her ever speaking of her ex again. Always change the subject if it ever comes up.

Good luck :)

Most Helpful Guy

• when people say that they were serious after 6 months, I roll my eyes. 6 months is not even close to being able to fully know and understand a person, and 2 months definitely is too short. Sounds like your girlfriend really wants to be in a relationship long term, which is why she's telling you all this so quick, to try and keep you hooked.

some people love the idea of a story about how they fell in love at first sight, and I would suspect your girlfriend is one of these people.

What Girls Said 4

• You might be. There's really no clear way to tell though. If you're the rebound, then your relationship will be pretty short-lived.

• if it feel like a rebound its most likely one!

• I got together with my current boyfriend about 3 weeks after I was dumped by my ex for the 4th time! (He had depression, I didn't do anything wrong for him to end the relationship he was just confused with his life)
    My current bc may have been a little bit of a rebound at the start but he made me realise how much of a better person he is than my ex and he made me forget about my ex.
    We are still together 1 year and 4 months later. And talking about future plans together.
    Rebounds can work.

• I meant to say BF*

• Her ex continues to tell her he loves her and tries to get her back. And me and him are really complete opposites in everything. I believe there are still feelings there. Any advice on what I should do about it? Should I talk to her about it?

• I had that situation too my ex would break up with me then come back to me crying and saying that he needs me.
      My advice would be to talk it out with her. Don't get angry just ask her if she still has any feelings for her ex still and then if she does, try to work something out between you guys. If she says she doesn't but she seems like she's lying, she doesn't seem like that much of a kind girl. Explain to her that it's going to hurt you.

• Only time will tell, I guess? :(

What Guys Said 1

• There are better girls out there who will genuinely want a sincere relationship with you and are ready. Respect yourself and get out. It will just suck the life out of you.