Guys will you date a woman who has children?

She has a 2 years old from her past relationship.

• Hell NO!!
  • Why NOT??
  • Never think about it...

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't; I dated women with kids before, and unless you love kids, and you're ready to be a father figure, then I wouldn't date a woman with kids; with that said, when was your age, I dated two women with kids cause of course I was attracted to their 'maturity'; however, a lot of other stuff came up, like the kids comparing me to the father, or the ex bf or hubby unexpectedly appearing in her life, and well, it was drama I just didn't want to deal with; also, the kids attached themselves to me pretty fast, and soon enough, you're feeling responsible for these kids as they see you as a father figure, and I just wasn't ready for that at the time. So my final decision was, with tons of single women out there, why complicate my life with a woman that has kids? However, it did give me some good experiences but I wouldn't seriously date a woman with kids. Never again!

What Girls Said 1

• Oh wow. If you like her then go for it. No matter if she has a 2yr old or not.

What Guys Said 9

• Man that's a hard decision. I think you should really get to know her.

I don't think she should bring you around her kids until you two are "together" for a while.

As far as a relationship with her, you can approach it like any other relationship, but you have to remember a relationship with her = a relationship with the kids.

Make sure you have that understanding because you could ruin some lives.

Although this is going to be hard, you can do this and be happy.

Good Luck Man!

Sincerely,

A Loving Black Man

• I don't see why not, I'd want to know what happened to the dad and know the extent of involvement, if the dad is nuts and bothers the mom all the time I'd stay away, but if he's dead or totally out of the picture I'd go for it!

• Ya if you like someone it shouldn't matter. I would enjoy showing her a good time and giving her a break from that stressful life

• Who cares if you are into her the kids should not matter, just think the kids could be fun to be around

• Sure, if you really like her then sure. Problem with a child is that if you get too close to the child and then break up with her, what will the child think. I'm just coming from the child's perspective here. So if you want to go out with her, make sure your doing for the right reasons.

• What's wrong with that? It seems entirely normal.

• Personally, since I tend to think in long-term relationship ways, I tend to think about what if I were to fall in love with a woman who had children? Could I support her and them if we were to get married? If I love a woman, I know I will love her children because they are a part of her, but I want to make sure that I would be able to take care of them. Also, I think that if guys are just in the relationship for sex with a woman who has children, the woman might get hurt because she might be looking for something more, so I tend to not toy with a woman - whether she has children or not. But, I do think that if that's the case, I wouldn't want to string her along because I wouldn't want her or her children to get hurt by me. Make sense?

• The poll excludes a good chunk of the population by having only negative answers or answers that are not good reasons to date her. "Never think about it" sounds like what it is. Not enough thought has gone into it. So that's a bad move. "Why not?" is like saying what would I have to lose? But what about her? How does this play out for the kid? That leaves "Hell no". So perhaps 50% might check another box if there was one. Instead, they skip the poll and you have a margin of error as large as percentage of the population who who don't fit these categories.

• I personally wouldn't because I don't like kids and wouldn't be ready for that type of commitment. Also it is too much baggage. My friend is dating a girl who has a one year old though.

• But you're close to my age. Of course you wouldn't be ready for that. He's close to his thirties. Something like that may not be that big of a deal.

• I also wouldn't like being placed second on a woman's mind.