Will he get back with his ex?

My boyfriend has recently got back on good terms with his ex. They've always had a turbulent relationship, constantly breaking up and then getting back together, amd since their last split they haven't been on speaking terms. Recently they started working together amd since then they have been hanging out a lot as friends. I'm worried that he'll go back to her. She seems to have a hold on him, to the point where I feel like I need to compete with her. Should I be worried?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's really the only one who can answer that question. Either the two of you have a strong relationship, and you can trust him, or you don't and you can't. You know the answer to that better than anyone here will. And, to be perfectly blunt, if he's really not over his ex, then you shouldn't be wasting your time with him. If he's still of the mindset that he's just biding his time until they get back together, then he's not fully committed to you. I'm not saying that's what the situation is (again, I don't know it as well as you or he does), but there really isn't anything you can do about it.

I do, however, think it's fine for you to let him know that it makes you uncomfortable. I don't mean that you should demand that he not see her, or any other sort of ultimatum, but just let him know how you feel. If I were in this situation, and my girlfriend said, "Hey, listen, I don't want to come off as paranoid or anything, but I know what your relationship with your ex has been like in the past, and it worries me a little bit; I trust you, and I'm not trying to control you, I just want you to know how it makes me feel," I would be happy that she felt comfortable enough to tell me directly and would also be happy to reassure her of my feelings for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would be devastated if this ever happened to me. Just express to him your concerns. If he is honest with you and thinks there might be something there between him and his ex you should know what to do and walk away. I know no one ever wants to hear that when in a relationship but you should always consider yourself in a situation like this. I would be worse if you ended up staying with him and he cheated on you right? But before you jump to any conclusion you must get his side of things first

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0