Would you travel to a different country to meet someone you met online?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have done it a few times

• where did you go to meet her?

• How did you get to initially talk to them? dating sites?

• not dating sites but language learnign websites

What Girls Said 16

• I have! but the trip wasn't JUST to meet her, I happened to be travelling from Canada to the United States to go to Disneyland with my family. My online friend of two years happened to live in Anaheim at the time! So we decided to just meet up in Disneyland and it was super fun and amazing to be able to finally hug her and see her in person. I dressed up in a Minnie mouse themed outfit and she was Mickey and I just saw her and recognized her right away and we ran to each other and hugged. She was disappointed I didn't have some crazy stereotypical Canadian accent though. But of course we had facetimed a bunch, and my family was there, plus it's impossible to get kidnapped in Disneyland! Next time she's going to come visit me in Canada <3

• That is really sweet! But would you travel to another country solely to meet a guy you've met online?

• obviously if you didn't had a boyfriend...

• still probably not

• If I had financial autonomy and I really liked the person, maybe I would do it. But also depends on the country, if its something like the UK, US, Canada then yeah, but smaller less famous countries not sure, I would be scared to go there.

• If I had the time and money, sure.

• No I won t.
    Sry but I don t beleive in online dating it feels fake to me.
    I prefer real life interaction and connectionm

• I would do it.

• I would and I will eventually.

• I have done it. It's no different from meeting people in real life.

• no not really.

• met my best friend online two years ago... we haven't met yet but we intend to

• wow you are best friends with a person you met online... I think you are rather too young to trust persons on internet

• haha he was 11 what would you expect, it can be dangerous even when precautions are taken lol

• Okay okay but still lol

• I would. But not when I'm alone that's quite of risky. And yeah if I meet someone from like another country I'd automatically get interested with their country so most likely I'm gonna visit the country not solely because I would meet with them.

• online dating? seriously? people fall in love online? loooooool

• not online dating, but you might start to like someone who you've been chatting with even on social networking sites

• yes you would obviously make such a move after you have ensured that you completely trust the person

• Yeah, it depends. Friendship can be established online but other and deeper than that. I don't know. But its really cute to find people meeting in person for the first time knowing and talking to each other for a long time. lol

• I was thinking about doing that, but I'm not going to do it anymore. I made a big mistake...

• How is it a mistake when you've not even done it?

• Because it seems to me that he's lying. I'm about to give up on talking to him.

So, travelling to meet him will be the biggest mistake of my life.

• Yeah. I currently desperately want to. It's only another country in the UK though lol; I live in England and he lives in Scotland

• that doesn't count lol

• Lol maybe not :') (But don't tell the Scottish Yes voters that!) Hypothetically I would though :')

• Yeah, not alone though.
    And it also depends on the friendship.
    I am planning to go to a country for a mini vacation and the friend already lives there.

So I could just meet up with her while there.

• what about if you just went there to meet that person? Maybe a guy you want to start a relation with

• fair enough, I think that would be a smart decision honestly speaking...

• Thank you!❤
      That kinda made me feel good/happy.

• Maybe, it depends on how we much I like him, and the location.

• yeah that is fair enough

• so you wouldn't go to a third world country?

• It depends. If it's a cool/colder one, then I might. Not if it's super hot.

• Yes if I got a cheaper vacation out of it, as in I would stay at their place instead of in a hotel. I wouldn't if it weren't somewhere i wanted to visit.

• Like if it would be a third world country... then?

• Not shithole, but maybe a developing country, not like somalia lol

• If it's not too risky and I can go outside whitout being assaulted then I'll go.

What Guys Said 12

• after I got to know them a bit offline, like in person

I met my now wife online nearly 5 years ago. obviously we travel. so yes I would travel with a person I met online, but I'd have to get to know them and be comfortable with them in real life before committing to travelling together. travelling is tricky even friends can't always be travel compatible with other friends

• If we really liked each other and she was genuine then yes I would.

• I talk to quite a few language buddies whom I'm close with after talking with them for like a year, I wouldn't do it simply to meet them, I'd travel around the country and preferably teach English there and learn the language as well, but yeah it could be a factor.

• yeah. i met few friends from finland, spain, iran, brazil and more. i wouldn't mind meeting them in person. i did couch surfing when i lived in italy. i barely met the people. i wouldn't mind going and meeting people i actually talked to more than 3 days.

• yeah even I'm thinking about joining Couchsurfing site, but that is way too time consuming for me

• lol, you get to meet a lot of people. i still talk to most of them. and next time you go, you have a free place to stay and stuff to do. and you aren't really spending that much time traveling, if you want to experience a lot of traveling, try driving for 12 hours straight and doing 6 weeks of driving across america and back. that or spend 45 hours on a trip and 30 hours on a single plane. that's long, haha!

• i didn't hook up with any of them. i also did both guys and girls too over was 5 countries (munich/berlin, paris/orleans, madrid/barcelona, athens/sparta) and and 4 cities in italy (florence, salerno, venice and torin). but it was cool, though. so i wouldn't mind going back and visiting them and then meeting the friends i also made online since then (i've made a few) and other friends i already had from college and working.

• no lol that is so unnatural. thats a big commitment. what if you end up not liking the person? talking to a person online is not a full representation of their personality. how the person acts in society in combination with how that person acts to you, is.

• I'd travel to a foreign country, and if someone I met online was in that country, I'd make it a point to see them, but I wouldn't go to just to meet them.

• what if it is a girl that you really like and you two want to be in a relationship

• I would have done a few months ago but not now and not ever.

• what happened?

• oh that's sad... but imagine if she would have broke things off the morning you reached her country

• Oh I would have been annoyed for sure, but she's gone now, I wish her all the best, no hard feelings.

• Yes I would. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Maybe, if she was really important for me.

• That would be after a really looong time of knowing that person

• If we clicked then yea.

• Heck no.

I used to be with a hoe who started doing that.
    She slept around the world and the losers paid for her to do it.
    So technically she was a global prostitute.

• wow how did she meet these guys? couchsurfing?

• Online gaming... that is like the most random place to find guys to hook up with, which game she used to play? if you don't mind me asking

• Well if you are looking for desperate losers who will feed you attention and pay for your adventures in return for an easy lay... online gaming is the way to go.

I don't remember the game, I never cared enough to pay attention.