Why am I still single?

I don't mean to sound conceited but I'm pretty decent looking, I've got a pretty good personality, and I like to cook and bake. I basically have my life together and have it planned out but still flexible to change. I'm nearly 16 and everyone I know has had a boyfriend/girlfriend/relationship but me. Even my 11 and 14 year old friends have boyfriends. Am I doing something wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• I didn't have a girlfriend until the second half of my senior year, sometimes it just takes a little longer, but don't let it bring you down.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong necessarily, but are you doing anything to make it happen? Do guys ever approach you or talk to you / flirt with you? Are there any guys that you're interested in?

• I guess that's true. No guys really talk to/flirt with me. There is one guy but I don't know if he likes me back and we go to different schools so I don't see him very often.

• If you go to different schools, why not just give it a shot and if he says he's not interested, at least you don't have to see him every day. Just throw him an invite for coffee or ice cream or something casual and see if he's interested. You have nothing to lose.

Also, what about asking your friends to help find someone to date? I was super shy in high school when it came to girls, my best friend knew someone from the place he worked at and he connected us, we went out for 3 months and had some unforgettable times together. I imagine your girl friends would be glad to help you out and set you up with a cute guy, maybe a friend of one of their boyfriends or a coworker or something like that. :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say it's because you don't try that much in order to get a boyfriend. Sometimes some people have all the desirable qualities, but they have no idea how to advertise them to other people. Maybe guys around you have no idea that you're interested in dating them. Maybe they don't even know you're single.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe you haven't advertised those qualities strongly enough. or maybe you overdid it and became viewed as a "settler". Many guys around your age tend to avoid those at the time...(i know, i was one of those guys... big mistake)

• I'm 18 and every good friend I have has seemed to really like me, so why am I still single too?
    I don't know.

• Still? You're fifteen!!! Wait until you're twenty, if you've still had no boyfriends, then talk about still!!!

• Nope your not doing anything wrong. Im 16 and i've never dated anyone. Im attractive, but im pretty shy and i tend to be hard to read i dont really let people into my life very often. There are probably plenty of guys who like you, but they may be shy or not confident in themselves.

What Girls Said 1