This is for all the "nice guys" to read, let me know if you all agree?

Found this quote, I feel the pain for all you frustrated nice guys out there !!!
turn it around boys !!

The "friendzone" is essentially a state where a guy (usually) is attracted to a girl (usually) and needs to act (flirt, talk openly about his attraction, make his interest apparent) but he doesn't (out of fear/insecurity/uncertain ty), and instead attempts to gain the affection of the target girl through less direct means. Unfortunately, this creates a situation where the girl is completely oblivious to the attraction and simply perceives the guy as overly nice, clingy, and fawning (or worse, as weak, strange, and groveling). She will probably just see him as urgently seeking her friendship, and may (or not) allow him to be her friend. Meanwhile, she will simply carry on her day-to-day activities, which may include finding a romantic partner on her own. This creates a situation where the guy will become frustrated and redouble his indirect efforts, never realizing that the reason for his entrapment is his own failure to be direct about his attraction. Inevitably he will fail and be frustrated, and rather than realizing his own folly will attempt to blame the girl (or her boyfriend, or "all women") for his failure. Even if the girl becomes single again, the guy is unlikely to maneuver himself to take his place, since his inability to be direct will ultimately lead to his own downfall.

• spot on
  • disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• It's actually pretty spot on.

• I know, I spotted it online somewhere, couldn't say it better myself

• I've been guilty of this once, hard learning curve...

Most Helpful Guy

• That's why I have learned to be honest, direct, congruent with my intention
    (aka ''let's go out for a drink, i would let to get to know you a little bit more.'')
    with every women i met. Put your balls onto the table and whoever girls are interested will play it!

However, with online dating it may work less effective. It takes more time to ''open'' a girl up emotionally when dealing with them on9

What Girls Said 4

• Since I'm the only one to disagree I guess I better support my choice with a statement...

I believe that the friendzone is when a guy or girl is attracted to the other but HAS made it apparent and obvious and has been shot down To the "I like you but just not that way..." In addition I would like to say that sometimes this other person may not get the "hint" right away. They might continue on with the friendship in hopes of something more.

So this is my opinion and I stand by it👍

• I don't believe in friendzones!

• I am actually guilty of friendzoning a few guys. :3

• To be interested in a guy romantically, women need the guy to show he desires her. Women like a guy. to show her he wants. her in a romantic sense. To reduce chance. of. rejection start with something small, if you get a positive response step it up. Eye contact, smile, touch, hug, kiss - do each one a few times and if you get a positive response each time just move to the next step. Each step creates a. little excitement and makes her start thinking about him in a romantic way. and increases her attraction to him and makes her feel he wants her. If the guy doesn't do these. things it is less. likely she will even think of him in a romantic sense.

What Guys Said 6

• I'd agree with that! Been there! Liked this girl, she didn't like me. We hung out a lot and had a lot in common, but she was a flirt to a lot of guys sooooo my interest for her ended, and we were still friends for a while after that but one day, she just told me off and I'll never understand why. Nothing wrong with being nice to you other guys out there! Someone down the road will appreciate that and you'll end up with someone awesome. I'm now with a stunningly beautiful girl (both physically, but most importantly, characteristically). Thought the girl that friendzoned me was awesome, but my current girlfriend is so much more inspiring and so much more awesome! Just hang in there you nice guys!!!

• I disagree with the phrase "take his place" as if it is his God given right to be with this girl.

I honestly do not care for the term friend zoned. It implies that just because a guy is nice to a girl that she should reward him with sex.

• Overly dramatic -- in particular, the 'downfall' at the end -- but probably correct.

I think guys sometimes forget that they themselves are not attracted to the "nicest" girls. In fact, some kinds of "niceness" are active turn offs.

• Is there a choice "C"? I agree to some extent since I used to be like this (still working on it).

• I'd say this 100% correct.

• So you think being in a girl's 'friendzone' is the result of being friendly rather than flirty with her? Some would suggest that the friendzone is merely where a girl isn't physically attracted to the guy but gets on with him and so is glad to have him as a friend.