Guys, My boyfriend said he needs space what does it mean? Break up?

He is in the hospital and told me he needs space right now. But he barely replies to my texts but you can see him online, and doing his usual social activity. What gives? For him to act like this? He is still in the hospital. Does not want me to see him. Due to family issues and cultural and relgious issues.

4

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he needs space from you not the world. Some times you need to think about things and your significant other distracts you from that. I don't know what that is obviously, but some times a person whants some personal space it doesn't mean he is breaking up with you.

• Could it mean he is looking for options? I was asking how he is doing and he does not even want me to visit him at the hospital... I did not hear from him for two days but could see he read my messages and then finally replied saying he is still in the hospital and needs space. Says he needs sleep and is in pain, if that is the case why he is on social media constantly liking girls pictures, and texting others as I can see him online for a long time.

• Im not worried... My concern is that he just gives me updates and does nto text me as he should.. like hows its going stuff.. like that.. THough he tells me he is in pain and what not being in the hospital... its funny how i dont know the name of the hospital he is in.. first of.. secondly makes ample of time for social media and texting his other friends... and I feel left out... Plus the fact he said I need space right now meant from me this is how I see it because if he is in paina nd making time for other people and other things.. and u tell ur girlfriend I need spacel... ouch... thats like somone u love slapping u and telling u to f off..

• Him having time on social media is actually quite reasonable, their isn't a whole lot to do in a hospital so he really would probably increase his use of social media not decrease it. As I stated before when he is available to talk, then talk to him. Thats all you can do about it right now. Confront him when you are able tell him how it felt ask him where your relationship is going because if he can't tell his parents and family about you then obviously you have no future together, he can't hide you forever.

What Guys Said 3

• How long have you been dating? Were you having problems before he went in the hospital? Why is he in the hospital?

• 10 months we have been dating for. No it was great. We talked on the phone. Hung out. Watched movies. Ate dinner. He seemed to have a good time and I enjoyed his company. Sharing and talking was awesome. Then he was in the hospital - Admited due to a lung collapse... I don't want to say more reasons... but he spends more time on social media, liking girls pictures... texting other people because I can see him online

• Liking girls pics for him is the norm... so he says I am not cheating on u.. nor am I doing anything... I dunno what he wants...

• When somebody says they "need space," they are usually trying to break up with you and doing it slowly instead of all at once.

• Normally, I'd say he's unsatisfied with the relationship, but he's in the hospital. I don't know why, but I really think he does actually want some space. So give him some. He deserves at least the benefit of the doubt.

• Due to lung collapse.. won't give more details than that but I find it weird and frustrating that he does not want to talk to me but will spend time on facebook, instagram and texting others as I can see him online... Yet He does not want me to visit him in the hospital bc I think of family reasons.. been dating for 10 months... They do not know about me but I can visit him as a friend. I am not sure what he is doing... Is he looking for options?

• Guys get bored of relationships after a certain amount of time, backing off for a bit can let that feeling of fun and newness come back to it.

• He is bored? wow I did not know I am some game. I have feeling. Sigh

• Might just be feeling depressed.

• I doubt it. sweety... if he is spending time talking to others and making time for social media..