I'm going on a date to a fancy restaurant with a new boyfriend. Should I cover up my leg tattoos?

My legs

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear a dress if it's appropriate or pants if you feel uncomfortable but I honestly wouldn't bother with hiding your tattoos. I came from a really conservative family and have zero tattoos but the last girl I dated got a new tattoo every couple months. At first I was nervous but then I realized I still really liked her and I grew to love her tattoos. So cover your tattoos if it makes you feel more comfortable but definetly don't if your doing it out of shame or out of fear of judgement from him. Let him no who you are. If he's a decent person he'll judge you by your character and who knows he may end up adoring them. Plus your legs look beautiful.

• Just looked at your profile pic. You have zero reason to hide your tattoos lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you? Your tattoos are a part of you :) They are part of what makes you unique and they obviously have some meaning to you. I personally wouldn't cover them up. Who cares what other people think? You are not there to impress them. You are there to be with your boyfriend and have a good time :)

He likes you for you, so don't hide part of yourself :)

What Guys Said 20

• Oh wow. It would be a shame to cover those up but I see your point. I guess it depends on how fancy the place is but I say better safe than sorry in this situation. It would suck to have your evening ruined by some snobby asshole at the restaurant.

• If he does not know about your tattoos, then I suggest wearing white hosiery so he can see, yet it will still be tasteful. He needs to know the truth in case he has an issue, but at least there won't be any drama. If he already knows, then, depending on the restaurant, consider wearing slacks and heels if the restaurant is more conservative (like a steakhouse n NYC).

• frankly I would say no. restaurants shouldn't care what your legs look like, as long as you follow the dress code, if they have one.

and the boyfriend shouldn't care

• I don't see why you should. Just wear clothes that match the venue, and you're good to go.

• Well considering you are going to a fancy restaurant you are unlikely to have you legs exposed any way. Don't worry about it dress as you normally would.

Also sexy tattoos.

• No, if he doesn't like it then he then it's best to find out now not later. Plus he might love it and then you'll have that going for you.

Great tats by the way.

• no. some call me a cynic, but f-that restaurant if they have a problem, and take the money elsewhere.

• I think you should, since people might judge you quickly and think you are ill-fitting for the fancy resturant

• I'm not a fan of tattoos, but they look good, even if it's a fancy restaurant you should be who you are. No need to cover your legs because of those tattoos

• Lovely tattoo if I was the guy I should accept you the way you are. And if I am new boyfriend then it mean you have accepted me the way I am. Correct me please

• I dunno. Are you covering up for your boyfriend or for the restaurant?

• Theoretically, I'd tell you to be yourself.

But in practice, I'd be too self-conscious to flaunt something like that.

So don't hide them, but don't reveal them on purpose either.

• No, its part of you, its who you are. If you want to wear pants, that one thing, but dont intentionally cover them.

• Depends on the venue I guess. If you're not sure, I guess it would be smarter to be safe than sorry.

• no but then it's fine to not only coast on looks in life haha.

• yup you might cover it up

• no. you should show who you are.

• why on earth did you destroy your skin like that silly girl?

• Based on your arms and neck, I don't think your'e gonna convince anyone you don't have tattoos.

Dress appropriately and don't worry about it. Nobody can act like you should have left your tattoos at home. Pretty dress, nice heels. You'll look great

• It'll be difficult to cover, just wear whatever you want.

• I drew on my bedroom door when I was 15 and it looked like that. lmao

What Girls Said 15

• If you don't want to you don't have to! All though here where I live, its colder so I just would throw on a pair of tights! Do whatever you're comfortable with, if you feel like you'd stand out and you don't want to then tights (;

• My ex and I went to a lot of nice restaurants, and he's covered head to toe, so realistically can't hide all of them, but he did feel most comfortable in long sleeves, BUT be yourself x

• Absolutely not. Truly fancy restaurants do call for a certain style in dressing, but nothing more. Other than covering yourself tastefully, you should not have to go beyond that because you think their clientele would be put off by tattoos. You are beautiful, and tattoos are not conflicting with "beauty" and "fancy."

• no it looks nice!

• If he asked you out after seeing tattoos on your arms, fairly certain he wouldn't be shocked to know you have mosaics on your legs as well.

• If you're covering your legs from your boyfriend and he doesn't know about them, then that's crazy! He'll see them one day.
    If you're covering them for the restaurant I don't think thats necessary, just wear whatever is appropriate to that particular restaurant, but don't choose an outfit based on wanting to cover them up.
    Your tattoos are a part of you, don't be ashamed or feel the need to cover them up for society or other people. They look awesome by the way.

• There is really no point to cover it up. I doubt you can cover it up unless you wear long pants, a long sleeve blouse with top. But I don't know, entirely up to you.

• Damn those are hot. Why are you covering them? Because of him or because of the environment you are going to be in? If you're worried about the restaurant I'd say you are fine to not cover them as long as there is nothing offensive or inappropriate on your tattoos. If you are super worried, bring a pair of thick tights and put them in your purse and if they tell you that you can't come in because of your tattoos, just put on your tights :)

• Omg I love them

I would leave them

• Dont cover them up! That would be a waste of art

• What is the point of paying for tattoos if you can not show them off?

• it's up to you. if anyone has an issue with them, they're just being assholes.

• i dont think it matters but if you're worried, wear a long dress or slacks that match the venue.

• Flaunt it don't hide your art.

• I wouldn't cover them up, those tattoos are awesome!!! You can still look very classy with tattoos

• Good havens no! Your tattoos are beautiful if people have a problem with em then they need to get the stick outta their ass.