How should I act?

I'm going to see my ex tomorrow night at a party. He cheated on me and he's bringing the girl he cheated on me with as his date. He said he doesn't want any hard feelings between us and wants to be friends. But he also told me I will always be 2nd best and he would always pick her instead. It's been about a month or so since then. And I'm still pretty hurt. We'd been dating 3 months and it was our anniversary when he told me all that. And he told me he didn't want to date me, but the other girl rejected him at first. I know he's going to try to talk to me, he's in denial that he did anything overtly wrong. I don't want to anything to do with him. There's also going to be a guy who's been very sweet and flirty towards me. I'm not opposed to dating this new guy, but I'm not ready for a relationship and he knows that.

How should I act towards my ex?
I just want to avoid him as much as possible. But I know he'll try to talk to me like nothing happened.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ignore him, and if he tries to make conversation with you or act like your friend, just be like "Hey, I'm not interested. Your girlfriends over that way" or something.
    Don't jump in to anything with that new guy if you're not ready for it, even if you want to get payback. But if you want to chat with the new guy and start getting to know him, that might be a good way to send the message to your ex that you're moving on, just don't feel like you have to start making out with the guy just to make your ex feel bad.

What Guys Said 3

• When he tries to talk to you, tell him that you don't wish to have any conversation with him and then walk away.

• Confront him, explain to him that he cheated on you and that he destroyed your relationship, ergo you do not wish to have anything to do with him.

• Act as if he bores you/is really unimportant. If you try to act too much like "It's his loss" it shows you still care.

What Girls Said 1

• What the fck! He sounds like an ass. If you want nothing to do with him, then don't have anything to do with him. I would say that's the best thing you can do. Just ignore him. Don't even look his way.