Could this 40 year old man at work REALLY like me, or is he just be acting like it because I'm young (25) and he wants sex?

I work with a 40 year old man that is flirtatious and stares at me all the time. He's divorced, so no worries there, but I just wonder...

Do you think a 40 year old man could genuinely like a 25 year old woman? Or is it mostly because she's younger than the women in his age range? What's the appeal for older men going for younger women?

Most Helpful Guy

• The primary motivation for most men going for women in general is sexual interest.

The question is whether it's sexual interest alone, sexual interest plus some fondness and general 'liking', or sexual interest plus potentially caring.

Honestly, I'd say all three are possible, just like with a guy your own age.

When older guys fall for younger women, sure, their looks are a factor. But often older guys may feel protective of younger women, or want to look after them or mentor them. It's a different dynamic, where they might not feel so much in direct competition, they can offer her advice and support without suggesting that she's inferior to them, she's just younger - she might be smarter or more talented, but she's not as far along in life. Men like feeling useful and needed by women they care about, and that dynamic can happen sometimes more easily with younger women.

Or he just wants to fuck someone young hot and tight.

Age alone won't tell you which. Gotta see how he behaves in general.

Also he may not know yet.

Or he may not have thought about it much, beyond 'damn she's hot'.

How long has he been divorced? Do you have any idea if he tends to date casually or have relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• yea it might be possible... just make sure to know his intentions

What Guys Said 7

• He might genuinely like you. He might just want sex. I don't think being 40 makes it any more or less likely than somebody your own age. It's not like there are no guys your age who only want sex.

"What's the appeal for older men going for younger women?"

It's the same exact appeal as a guy your age going after you.

• If you were 27-28 then I would lean towards him maybe liking you as a person.
    But with the current age gap I just assume he's interested in the sex and the good feelings that comes with dating and especially dating a younger woman. There's nothing wrong with that if you are into him, but just know that is a possibility.

• If he stares at you and flirts with you, he probably wants to get in bed with you. I suppose it's possible he wants a relationship, but I somewhat doubt it.

• I know a couple, the guy is 40 and the girl is 23

Its not whether if he can like you. Thats easy. Youth is always appreciated. The question really is why do you like him and can you like a man 40 and have it last

• That's really weird

• The question do you like him? Do you want to have sex with him?

• The question is do you like him? Do you want to have sex with him?

• Of course. Younger women are physically more attractive than old women. ALL men love younger women but we have simply been shamed by old women into having to hide or be ashamed of that natural desire.

What Girls Said 1

• No he just wants your body I doubt he actually has an interest in a meaningful relationship You should save yourself for your marriage and marry someone who is closer to your age just think how awkward it would be if you had children