Would you date a guy who fcked up a good portion of his life?

I have ADHD and was recently diagnosed. My whole life I've been an underachiever because of it even though I had so many aspirations. My failures really hurt my self esteem. When I started taking medication 6 months ago my life has literally changed. I've accomplished more in the past 6 months than I ever have before. I feel confident for the first time in my life at 22 years old. Before this though I feel like I wasted a lot of my life. Failed relationships and not finishing college. I'm back in school with straight As my first semester.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. It's not your fault you were struggling with an undiagnosed disorder

Most Helpful Guy

• Focus only on now. That is all that you can grab.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes i would date him. We have all fucked up some part of our lives. No one more than me. 😞. It shows that you are human like the rest of us. We all have our issues. No one is immune to failure in their life. It shows you are humble enough to admit your mistakes. Admitting your mistakes is the first part of changing your life for the better.

People don't learn or grow as a person by doing everything right.

• its not like you're a secret member of a gang or did crime in the past, I don't see how this will turn off many girls from dating you. You turned your life around and you're happy with what you're doing now, that's what matters.

• I honestly don't think I could.
    I have way too many problems myself to still bother with the ones of others, that relationship would end in a disaster.

• Yes of course! The fact that you were such a mess, and that you weren't easily successful, and that you put the effort in to change that can be seen as extremely attractive!!!

• It doesn't matter as long as you love him...

What Guys Said 2

• I know how you feel so much.

• All my life I was and underachiever. It created so much anxiety and made me clinically depressed. As soon as I started taking adderal that all changed. Everything was cleared up. I was productive and had clarity. I can't believe that was the answer all these years.

• It's like you've lived inside a fog your entire life, and suddenly that fog disappears.

• couldn't of put it better.

• ok aspie...