Do I let her get hurt?

I am friends with this girl in college and we have gotten pretty close the last few months. Anyway, she is dating this guy who is a bit of an asshole. He never treats her to anything, never hangs out with her, and only seems interested when he wants to party. He also dances with a lot of other girls when he is not with her at clubs and tries to hookup with these girls. When she heard rumors about this she became a complete wreck, but after talking to him (him just feeding her lies) she calmed down. Should I tell her that this guy is way wrong for her and risk hurting her feelings, or should I just let her learn for herself and risk her getting hurt? She is a really nice girl and is looking for something serious, not a meaningless relationship, and I really dont want her to get hurt. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be good if you talked to her.

Tell her that you are concerned for her emotional well being because of what her boyfriend is doing, and offer to talk to her about it. Don't push her if she says no. What's important is that she knows you are concerned for her.

You do run the risk of upsetting her, but if you don't press the issue, an apology should fix things if they don't go right.

Sometimes people need a reason other than their own discomfort to make changes in their life. By showing her your concern, you show your discomfort as well as your support for her making a change she may be struggling to make. Talking to her about this would be the move of a true friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the same boat once. I told her that he admitted to cheating on her. She was furious with him. After talking to him and him lying his ass off, she was furious at me. Saying i was just trying to break them up. About a year later she apologized and said she didn't know why she loved him, that he was an asshole.

What Girls Said 4

• I agree with the other two girls. Try not to be too forceful, but let her know your concerns and that you care about her. I think, at the least, even if she doesn't agree with you, she will appreciate your thoughts.

• I think you should do something. Maybe not you but maybe ask a girl so a girl on girl talk!

• If you're her friend, you MUST tell her. Even if the truth hurts it's better to warn her than to shut up and let her go.

• Stay out of it. Some things you just have learn the hard way.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her when she's tired of her boy and is ready for a man to call

• Get in the middle of this situation only if you want to be blamed for whatever goes wrong.