I'm only 31 so why do I get so many requests on dating sites from guys in their early to mid forties?

Seems to happen more than with guys in my own age group.

also my profile clearly states I'm only interested in men between 26 and 36.

i have no photos on my profile.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll catch flack for this, but a lot of women don't age well. They probably assume wrongly or correctly that you'd be better taken care of and looking than a 45 year old woman. The other factor is if you don't have kids. Their kids are in college or they can at least see the light at the end of the tunnel. Not a lot of men want to tack on more kids to look after.
    Another point is the mid life crisis. I'm also on a dating website and have had more women in their 40's and 50's message me (not including the women who have obviously shaved off 15 years from their age). I think they are in the mid life crisis and just want to fuck around with someone younger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah I'm in a similar boat - I say I'm looking for guys between 27-34 but i get guys as young as 22 and as old as 45 messaging me and some of them are even from different states. I generally just delete them straight away when i realize the age problem and i also delete any guy that messages me that doesn't have a photo - i have photos so its only fair to be able to see who I'm dealing with. You will always get messages from people outside your preferences, its one of the basic laws of how those sites work - just delete them.

What Guys Said 14

• 1. For the same reason I got a ton of inquiries from matronly redneck women.

2. Most guys don't read your profile. It could say that you only want to date Albanian dwarfs and they would still contact you.

• Guys will always go for a girl that little younger regardless of you stating your preferences, and more often than not, girls go for that little bit older, with the exception obviously, x

• 15 years is hardly a "little" younger

• But although it might be something personally you could not do, with respect to your post, some people understand that the age gap between a couple becomes irrelevant the older you get, so maybe this is why you get them attracted to you. I know many couples with 20 year age gaps. I might not be one who would go for that, but if they can see no problem, then who am I to argue otherwise, x

• At 30 something you're old already. So that's the reason why older guys are talking to you. A guy in his 30s won't want you, because he's too busy getting with someone in their 20s.

• ? This doesn't make sense who told you all this? Lol.

• No, I'm talking about you and your age.

• Doesn't sound that way

• Once men hit about 27, we find out how easy it is to date girls who are notable younger than us. Just look at all the 17 and 18 year old girls on this site dating 25, 30, 35 year olds.

And, it becomes habit. Why would a 40 year old man want to date a 40 year old woman?

• I think this dating site makes it wrong then. If thats your preference, everyone out of this age group should not be able to see you... anyways, its cool that you also have interest in younger guys 😎 I guess Im just a little too young.. oh well

• Your approaching a non bearing child age for women very soon. That unfortunately brings down your value. A Women in her 30's will def get hit on by guys that are 40

• Men generally like younger women.

At least I qualify haha and they probably think you'll change your mind and give it a shot because they have nothing to lose.

• Guys go for younger girls and girls go for older guys. Sad but true.

• Either they didn't see that part or they ignored that part.

• I have no idea. Maybe they are taking their chance in meeting someone they hope they end up with.

• They want a younger women, and figure they got nothing to lose i guess.

I;m in your age range though :)

• 10-15 years younger is a bit extreme though don't you think?

• Yeah, its a gap.

Some are cool with it, and some are not. And these guys need to respect your preference and boundries.

• only 31

ha
    ha
    ha
    ha

• Wishful thinking on their part, although there are some women in their early 30s who don't mind men in their 40s.

• '' i'm only 31 '' lol you are old enough to date over 40 yo guys don't expect early 30's guys to date you cuz they will go to the fresh fruits

• Lol I'm not attracted to guys in their forties unless they look young for their age even then I wouldn't date them cos mentally the age gap is way too big.

• Because guys your age are dating 25 year olds, if they're decent looking/status. You're in the sweet spot for guys in their 40's.

What Girls Said 8

• It probably doesn't help that you don't have photos for them to see. I have a HUGE bias against online dating simply from my personal experience though. Lol, so any advice I give is probably not wanted. Be careful & I hope you find your man. :D

• Because people don't care

• Because they are hopeful. It's not about you, it's about them wanting a younger woman.

• 1. The older men didn't read your profile.
    2. You'll have more messages from guys in your age group if you have pics.

• A lot of the time guys just ignore whatever your profile says or they don't even bother to read it.

• a lot of women past 25 don't have much luck on dating sites. it also doesn't help that you don't post any pictures. you are better off meeting men in real life.

• Often these guys would often just randomly message anyone for boredom.

• They want someone younger... why?

1. They look younger
    2. Some guys are creepy like that (some not ALL)
    3. Probably has less baggage to deal with
    4. May only be for sex
    5. They want someone younger then themselves so they look good