"Ghosting" after a first date?

Girls, has a guy never bothered to contact you after a first date? Guys, have you done this? Why?

So, I met this guy at a bar, he approached me seemingly sober, expressed a lot of interest in me and we danced and talked for hours. We went on a date about a week later, I got all of the signs that he liked me. He asked me questions about my life, opened up to me about his life, only red flag I got was that he talked about his ex girlfriend cheating on him a long time ago. We were smiling and laughing and he complimented me a lot. 4 hours later I told him I should go home, he gave me a ride home and we hugged, said he had a great time and that was it. Almost 3 weeks later and I never heard from him again. So, what happened here?

For those saying I should reach out to him, I already did and received no response.

Most Helpful Guy

• I noticed in your response to one of the comments that you tried contacting him and he never bothered responding... that's pretty weird, guess he just wanted to move on without any more potentially awkward communication. Hard to say what was going on in his head but his actions (or lack thereof) seem to make it pretty clear you both have to just move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know... I hate when guy go ghost!!! I literal... hate it!

• yup, i actually will at least text the girl says i will find her when i figured things out.

• @Prilee1992 Make me want punch myself for wasting my time. I feel so worthless like I am not important or like I don't have a busy life as well!

What Guys Said 7

• I've done this before, several times. In this day and age things move so quickly, and people meet new people so easily. Its called micro-dating, he was probably talking to other girls as well and he probably just started to like one more than you and disappeared. Dont take it personally its nothing you did, some people are just gutless and rather than just saying they're not interested they just run away.

• 3 weeks is far too much. Normally, the most i will wait 7 days to get back to a girl.
    Try reach out to him one time, see how he reacts.

• I reached out to him about a week ago and he never got back to me, so I think he's long gone now haha

• I'm stunned that you look stunning.
      Obviously he has stronger game because his ex cheated him like he said.

• he was not interested in you. you don´t have to have a horrible date in order to not really like somebody.

• That's weird... maybe you missed 1 charcater in his number or e-mail address?
    If it was on a dating site, there's a chance that he has met several people and has chosen to hook up with someone else :-(

• did you call him?

• Maybe he met someone else. Honestly don't worry about it just continue on with your life.

• Most likely he was a bit more advanced in the dating cycle with another girl and it worked out.

• You could always try reaching out to him in case it's something really stupid like he lost your number.

What Girls Said 0