Should I say sorry to my girlfriend when I called her worthless?

My girlfriend likes to party and at times she gets drunk. Not every week but twice a month. She promised me she would not drink and she got really drunki when i picked her up. The next day she went to go say sorry cause she broke her promise but i had enough and called her worthless and made a blonde joke. It made her sad and she even cried. Should i say sorry?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, if you want to stay together with her, you should apologize.

• she promised me once before and came home wasted. so should i say sorry tomorrow?

• ok so she messed up.. doesn't justify you calling her of no value to you. Tell her you won't tolerate constant lying.

• true. i will tlel her that and say sorry

Most Helpful Guy

• For sure, man. Be the mature one and apologize to her sincerely, but let her know that what she did really hurt you and because you have such strong feelings for her, when she broke her promise to you and you saw her sloppy drunk after she told you she wouldn't drink, your emotions took over and you reacted out of anger/disappointment.
    Use this as an opportunity to strengthen your relationship with her and hopefully come to a mutually agreeable conclusion to this drinking problem.
    Be a man though an apologize to her first, and don't do the "I'm sorry, but..."
    (leave the 'but' out of it... 'but' basically is saying that whatever you said before it wasn't really true. This is more of an "I'm sorry AND... (... this is why I think I got so upset with you, can we talk about?)" type of situation

• she promised me once before and came home wasted. But i will say sorry.

• Apologize for calling her worthless, because she's not worthless. If she was, you wouldn't care if she broke the promise and got drunk. The reason you reacted the way you did was because she's worth a lot to you and she let you down...

What Girls Said 3

• Wow, yeah. That's a pretty hateful thing to say to your girlfriend. Why insult her? If her drinking is THAT much of an issue for you then I would recommend just breaking up and finding someone who already shares your values of not drinking.

• i dont mind drinking but she promised me once before and came home wasted. i don't really want to break up with her, so i should say sorry?

• Yes, I think you should.

• fine then :/

• Sounds like you're the worthless one here.

• how? she promised me once before and came home wasted. so should i say sorry tomorrow?

• Yes, you obviously should.

• yeah you're correct on that

What Guys Said 2

• No, never. That sh*t was funny and spot on it sounds.

She shouldn't play like that if she doesn't want to get called out.

• I kinda want to smack ya for that.

Ya, apologize to her, and treat her better than that.

• she promised me once before and came home wasted. so should i say sorry tomorrow? i'am not a bad person

• Ya man, ya outta apologize to her, there's never a warrant to call someone worthless.
      Consider why she might give in to drinking, as in is she unhappy.