Is it weird that I've been single for 4 years?

I dated a guy in highschool for a month and the relationship went horribly. At that time i was 15. I am now 19 I haven't dated anyone since. Is this uncommon or strange? A red flag?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a red flag. Give it time. If you are in college, you will meet someone and things will take off from there.

• I am in college, but I feel like I never meet any guys who are looking for anything more than a surface level relationship or just want to have one night stands.

• Well, you are at a community college. Most community college students commute and don't live on campus or far from home. When college kids don't commute and are away from parents, they have a new found freedom which they can enjoy. They may have to work, but, often are just living on or near campus and can spend their time any way they want. That could be studying, working, doing chores, or dating. The thing is that your life is dominated by school and the campus (and surrounding bars in town, etc) are social gathering places where couples form.

So, consider studying with friends - male or female - on campus and you will eventually meet guys.

• Yeah. That makes sense I guess. I've been doing that but I'm done at this college in the spring and I start courses for the BSN program and then I will be moving out of my parents house and into my own home in a different city so I guess I will be more likely to find someone then.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't find it weird.

You could be single for any reasons. It doesn't make me feel anything. I mean when I meet someone who has never been in relation, it still won't make me feel anything.

What Guys Said 1

• That ain't shit. Neither uncommon nor strange and certainly not a red flag.

What Girls Said 5

• No not really!

• Well i haven't dated anyone for 17 years you beat me

• It's normal. What the hell could it be a red flag for?

• Nope, it's not weird I didn't even go on my first date until I was 19

• Well I haven't dated anyone ever and I'm a junior in high school. So I think you're fine.