Is it really THAT odd to like Asian men as a black woman?

I got interested in other races. Like in the dating game when I was 8. And that was with white guys. Around 12 I started getting into Anime (Heavily), then Chinese art and music and now I focus on Kpop. My family thinks my interest in men has shifted to outside of our culture because of Kpop which to some degree is true...

I mean yes I like Kpop, but I happen to like a lot of Asian cultures and customs. I've always been intrested in other cultures. The Japanese language is beautiful, the Korean language is elegant and smooth. Thai is cool. I don't see why my race has to affect my dating life so much.

• Date you own race?
  • Date outside of your race?
I just feel like a fish out of water (Since my family has shown disapproval with my liking Asian men and I've heard that family is a big issue too.)

Most Helpful Guy

• You shouldn't be thinking about it, most don't. They just date who they want and have their preferences, it's not like they make a conscious choice to let race affect their dating life.

Statistically black women are just least preferred along with Asian men. If you like Asian men, fine, whatever, do that, no actually care, it's just *statistically* uncommon, not socially unacceptable/weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• Date whoever you want. No one has the right to put restrictions on such matters.

What Guys Said 11

• It's not uncommon anymore.

You get toooonnnnssssss of black women who dig Asians (or maybe just me) around where I live...

I don't know, I find a lot more black women interested than any other race or maybe it's just that they're so open to everything and aren't afraid to express themselves.

Black and Asian hybrid babies are pretty cool 😂

• 1|0
  • It's fine, you have your own tastes, you are your own person and can like who you want, it's good that you are not so closed in and can look outside your own culture and like others instead of being close minded

• I don't see anything odd. I believe everyone has freedom to chose whom the please.
    There is a beauty in every culture. Go for it. Peace :))

• Why would that be odd? Date who you want.

• Hey I'm about as white as they come, I married a Mexican girl. And dated black girls, Asian girls, it's all about how you feel about the person, do what you want. Just remember we are all people, and you can't help who you're attracted to.

• Odd, no. Uncommon, yes.

• Your odd for thinking its odd

• If it's not weird to you its fine

• Nothing wrong with finding other races attractive. I certainly find Japanese gals attractive! ;) lol

• Are you sure you want to date Asian men? They are not usually hung while black men are usually always hung. And for black women, penis size is very important.

• I don't care about the size of a man's ***is. Also the whole 'penis size matters to black woman' is a lie.

What Girls Said 8

• Why would it be odd? It's perfectly normal.

• Do whatever you wish brow

• Lol no. My best friend is Asian and if it weren't for the fact that he's my best friend and I know what he's like, lol, I would totally consider dating him. He's a very attractive young man.

• I'm cool with whatever!

• Do you girl ;)

• Dem Kpop guys are damn fine. I don't see a problem with interracial couples, this ain't the 1800s as far as I know.

• Seems like you only mean east Asian. Very typical. Whats so special about east Asian cultures? As long as you're not stereotyping and fetishizing, and not expecting real guys to be like those kpop guys its fine but in my opinion you're thinking about race too much. It should be based on their personality and physical attractiveness not race.

• I prefer to date with my own race but at the same time, I want to date people outside my race because who knows, I might get married with them and going to give birth to beautiful mixed child [plus I heard mixed children is smarter LOL].