Does romance still exist?

is romance dead? now adays it seems as though all relationships revolve around sex and physical attraction.

Most Helpful Guy

• Romance is not entirely dead, but it is not nearly as common as it used to be. In the past, romance was usually required before a man would have any chance of having sex with a woman. That is mostly a thing of the past today due to the sexual revolution and feminism.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes it does, however it is diminishing, there are still a few of us out here who like romance and doing romantic things. Additionally I believe there are more romantic men in Europe, as they tend to focus on these sorts of things more than most American men...

• Only the relationships not worth having revolve around sex. I have been in an amazing relationship with an amazing woman for going on two years and although we do have sex regularly it is probably the least important part of our relationship.

• I think it does. Heck, I'd probably say on a date "I'm really attracted to you and want to get to know you first (personality wise) before getting physical."

For some people, they want to see if they can get along physically before they "proceed to the next step" (I think I remember seeing an episode of ST :DS9 about this or something).

• You're saying that as if sexual intimacy wasn't romantic.

What Girls Said 0