Why do guys want to know if a girl they're dating can cook?

Is it just suspition? Wifey Material? Potential Relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• We marry who we date, and I would never marry a woman who thought so little of herself and the men in her current and future life that she wouldn't make it a priority to learn how to cook.

A woman who can't cook is like a man who can't fix anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know! i hate that question? Can you cook? thats what i WOULD HAVE SAID!

What Guys Said 7

• I love cooking, it would be nice to know that my mate could cook at least on a basic level, but I'd be more concerned that she like my cooking :-)

For guys that aren't amateur chef's though, I think it's important to know that it's not gonna be EZ Mac and TV dinners when eating at home :-)

• I have no idea what "suspition" is. I would guess that guys ask because they want to get an idea about how domestic a girl is.

• You already answered it yourself. Yes it indeed is about whether she's waifu material.

• Just in case its a long term relationship we would like to know if she can cook. I love to cook, so if I ask I like to know so that we can cook together.

• Well the stomach is the second way to a man's heart haha.

• Yes yes and yes

• Simple. It's a basic life skill, and if you can't or won't do it, something is wrong with you, either in terms of competence or personality.

What Girls Said 1

• So they know if they will get home made meals or fast food...
    Some people don't want someone that can't cook for themselves...