Did I do something wrong here and do I have to say sorry to my girlfriend? How can I fix it?

I been dating my girlfriend for 5 onths and she is my very first girlfriend. Well today i went to go hangout with another girl and i went over to her house. My girlfriend wanted to hangout with me and i told her i was my friends house and will go to her house. Then she was like "you dont go over to another girls house without telling me.". Then she wanted to see a pic of the girl when i went ot her house for some reason.

I mean it's my first relationship and i though she might be cool with it. So now what do i do? Say sorry?

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell her you didn't know that it would bother her and that you're sorry. However, you two should have enough trust in one another to be able to be friends with others. Going to her house sounds like you were doing something to cheat, but if you weren't, a friendship is fine.

• NO NO NO. No cheating. i knew this girl for 10 years and she is a childhood friend. We have no feeling for each other. Just great friends. I did not tell my girlfriend and i though she was ok with it but she wanted me to tell her first.

• Tell her when you go there so you two are trusting of each other. Your friendship is fine and normal to have, so your girlfriend shouldn't be worried about any cheating.

• yup i will

Most Helpful Guy

• Say your sorry and have a conversation about this. She shouldn't force you to stop being friends with girls, but especially at your age I think it's probably important to keep your partner in the loop when it comes to stuff that could make them insecure or jealous.
    Flip the roles around and say you call her up and she's hanging out with some guy at his house that you've never met and she never told you about...

Apologize and talk with her to figure out some "ground rules" for these types of situations, something that works for both of you...

• i knew this girl for 10 years and she is a childhood friend. We have no feeling for each other. Just great friends. I did not tell my girlfriend and i though she was ok with it but she wanted me to tell her first. We will talk about it

• Yeah man I'm not implying that you were up to anything, but for your girlfriend to find out that you're at some girls house who she doesn't know, doesn't know your relationship with her, you didn't tell her "Hey I'm going to my friends house that I've known since preschool, I'll be back at 3", in your girlfriends mind I'm sure she was picturing you at some beautiful girls house where the girl was trying to win you over or something. It's a protective reaction, normal but definitely something to deal with now so it doesn't become a problem. That's all :-)

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think she should re- act like that! Its none of her business of what you do! She your friend and she has to respect that!

• i will talk to her about it

• Say sorry to her, but also i think she got jealous.. she wanted too see a picture too see if she was prettier then her, also personally i don't hangout with guys by myself when i have a boyfriend it just makes me feel uncomfortable.. but explain too her that she's just a friend and you don't know how this kind of stuff works because your still learning and its your first relationship, she should understand

• yup i got it resolved. thanks :)

What Guys Said 0