How do I get over this girl I have a crush on?

Just FYI, both of us are in college. There's this girl I have a crush on, and for a moment it seemed like she had feelings for me. One night we met up at a party and hung out with some of her friends for awhile, before we went back to her room to hang out. At this point it was 12:30, and we didn't stop talking until 3:30 in the morning. While we were talking, I put my arm around her and she didn't move away at first. After awhile she moved away and told me that she wasn't interested in hooking up and didn't like who she was when she hooked up with people, but that she thought I was a really cool person and wanted to get to know me better. We talked about what we wanted out of future relationships, I mentioned that I didn't like hookups and wanted something deeper and she gave ready agreement. At the end of this part of our conversation she gave me a cute look and joked she had no idea why she was talking to me about any of this. She also told me that she had been low key stalking me on facebook, and had gone through my old profile pictures and talked about one of my funnier ones. At one point during the night, she put her head down on my leg for a minute because she said she was getting tired. I kept telling her that she could kick me out whenever she wanted, but even after she figured I probably had feelings for her we still hung out for like 2 hours. When she finally said she was going to sleep she gave me her number and was sure to give me a joke ringtone so I could tell it was her, and then gave me a long hug. Did I just somehow misread all of this? I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid...

All of this made me feel like she liked me, which made me really excited because I was crushing on her before. When I texted her though, she said she was busy and couldn't hang out and acted really dismissive towards me. So she doesn't like me, which really confused me because of everything else that went on. Its a week after I figured she didn't like me and Im having trouble getting over her. I was so excited for this to work, but then it didn't. How do I get over this?

What Girls Said 1

• Moving on helps

What Guys Said 1

• Why does this happen to people other than me?
    Fuck.

Just don't base anything off of how she texts you. Texting is stupid and hard to interpret. Call her or go to her room and ask her out. If she says no, then you'll be able to move on easier.