Girls would you date a guy that is 100% atheist?

If the guy didn't ever just randomly ridicule you for your believs BUT if you asked him what he thought on it he would tell you in a clear but respective what that he thinks your believes are ridiculous to him

• Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Maybe... depends on who he is. I don't like the idea of a person calling another person's belief system words like "ridiculous." in my opinion that's just a sign of disrespect for no reason, and it's generally a type of personality I'm not attracted to. A religious person can be like this too, and I wouldn't like it. If this atheist dude found a particular extreme behavior like waging war in the name of religion ridiculous, that's okay... I understand that.

• Personally, I have ran into problems with differing opinions on religion in relationships. Even if people agree to disagree, I feel like it will be a big obstacle down the road if the relationship becomes more serious (ex. sex until marriage, how children are raised, religious practices, family may disagree, etc)

• Yes, that's even preferred cause I'm an atheist too.

• Yes because I wouldn't want someone to judge me based off my beliefs.. but then again I'm not religious so... I'm not sure the fact that he's an atheists wouldn't really have an affect on me

• Absolutely not. Nope nope nope.

• I said yes as I'm athiest but I don't tell people who ridiculous their own beliefs are. I would tell him to just shut up and mind his own business, teach him to be more respectful.

• I'm dating a guy who's atheist and I'm fine with it.

• I'm agnostic and I said maybe cause it would depend on if he's nice about it. Even though I'm not religious or anything like that I have been picked on by atheists just because I won't choose between theism and atheism.

• im like 96% myself so yup

• if he knows how to respect differences then I can keep him.

• Nope. I want to date someone who shares my belief system. So we can grow together spiritually as well.

What Guys Said 1

• The real question is why would you date someone with such ridiculous beliefs.

• The lack of beliefs is a belief?

• @Illusive_man Not sure what you are trying to say. Nowhere did I suggest that anyone lacks beliefs. I am referring to ridiculous beliefs. A lack of ridiculous beliefs is a good thing. Plenty of practical, rational, well formed educated beliefs left to go around. In fact, those are the only beliefs we should aim to have.

• I such there's a miscommunication about what "such" meant lol
      I thought your "such" was referring to your stance that atheism is a sort of belief.