How do you make a relationship from an fwb?

Ok so I have a friends with benefits and we've been dating for 4 months now. Actually dating, he'll plan the date or I will and we go and enjoy ourselves and then come back to his place and I'll spend the night. He buys me gifts, takes me out to eat, we go out in public and hold arms. So it's like a real relationship except he doesn't want people at work knowing about us and he doesn't want to hold hands in public but we can interlock arms. And he recently told me not to miss him or visit him too much bc he doesn't want me to fall in love with him. So it's been a week and I've basically ignored and cut him off. I said I shouldn't have to feel bad for seeing you more and he says I agree. So I suppose we are done bc we're just ignoring each other at work and when he sees me he immediately gets mad or turns his back at me. I think I'm doing the right thing. Getting him out of my system to move on but I do love him so I'm getting out before I get too deep. I told him he can come back when he wants a relationship but he never replied so it's over. So how do you prevent fwbs when you tell them on the first date you want a relationship but then they say they don't but still pursue and date you? You guys give off mixed signals a lot!

What Guys Said 2

• Fwb's are never a good idea as you just found out

• Ahh yes, premarital/relationship fornication. Whelp, you deserve it sorry.

"So how do you prevent fwbs when you tell them on the first date you want a relationship but then they say they don't but still pursue and date you?"

-simple, don't fuck them till you're in a committed relationship.

What Girls Said 0