Befriending before dating?

Lets say you've seen a girl/guy you have a crush on. You meet each other for the first time, talking, getting to know a bit about each other etc. Would you befriend him/her first before you starting dating or go for the kiss straight away?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd much rather be friends with someone before I start dating them. I like being comfortable around someone before thinking of taking things further. If I go on a date with someone I barely know, I'm always nervous and it's a lot harder for me to really be myself, but if I know the guy I'm with a bit better, things go much more smoothly.

Also, putting the effort into building a friendship with someone really shows that you care for them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, that's a good idea to always befriend that person and then proceed to dating.

What Girls Said 3

• I like to know a guy and be comfortable around him (friends) before going further

• Yeah, I would rather befriend them first. I wouldn't be comfortable with going on a date with a stranger.

• Befriend for sure

What Guys Said 3

• Show romantic intention early, or you will miss out for someone else who isn't beating around the bush..
    It happens a lot

• While you're trying to "befriend" her there will be another dude who is straightforward and won't beat around the bush.

• No, that isn't how it works. Go straight to romance.