He claims God is changing him into a better person and he would treat me better but does he seem serious about getting back together?

I believe him because I take God seriously but my ex's action prove otherwise. He calls me after 3 weeks of n/c between us both saying he just wanted to talk. Then there were 3 days of I miss you and please don't see any other guys. After that texts are very short Or I don't hear from him at all. I told him to call me when he can he never did. This is the same pattern that happened when we dated that bothered me which i told him about the first time.
Basically he lives 3 hours away and wants to talk about getting back together when he comes home for Thanksgiving week.
** we dated for like 2 months off and on, hung out still after breakup before he moved away for school.
Should I give him another chance?
I even asked him if he was serious cuz I didn't want to waste my time and he said he'd just been too busy to call me and that he was serious.

Most Helpful Guy

• God changing him into a better person is simply him not taking personal accountability for his actions or his own progress as a good human. He is clearly using it as an excuse, because he is not acting like he is a better person, he is simply acting like he missed you for a bit, felt strongly for a few days and then went back to his old self. He seems to be wanting you to be ready for him to come home for a bit so he can hook up with you, but not actually care about you when he isn't there. He can say he is serious all he wants, but the fact of the matter is he is not acting serious, and he is basically just stringing you along. Yes, people get busy. But they can always find time for the things that are important. And going that long without calling you shows that you are not important. If he cared, he would MAKE the time to call you or text you. He is not. He does not really care.

You already DID give him another chance, by listening to him tell you how much he is changing. He has already blown that second chance in my opinion, by getting your attention back and then promptly ignoring you again. This really just sounds like he is setting up a Thanksgiving booty call.

What Guys Said 2

• If he's making precisely the same mistakes he made before then he is not serious. And people tend to use God as an excuse for a lot of things.

• God? The people who "believe" in that bullshit don't get better.
    They just mention it so people think they are a good person whilst they are not.
    Like sayin god made me a good person whilst I punch on my wifes face. Thats how I see it

What Girls Said 3

• then there nothing I can do!

• don't believe him its all full of shit and he just going to keep doing what he doing because you let him behave that way before if that make sense.

• I characterise a person by their actions , because a persons actions will tell you all you need to know. He stated God is "changing" him", so he hasn't changed as of yet. Changing means he is in the procecess.

If someone lets me down once , i assume they are busy. Twice... unreliable, but more than twice.. they are playing me and stringing me along.

It's okay to forgive people and give them a second chance, but not for the same " mistake" twice. You have one of two choices - either, give him a second chance or give yourself a better chance, by moving on and wait for a guy who feels lucky to have you as part of your life.

Someone who truly cares about you will
    " scarifice " some time out of their busy schedule to be with you.