You are talking to someone you like and have liked for a while then?

So you are talking to someone you know and have liked for 1 year and you are still getting to know them and plan on eventually asking them out, or for them to ask you out. Then one day you are talking together and someone else joins in on the convo. You guys all get along and then that person asks you for your number and that you should go on a date right in front of that person you have liked for 1 year.

What do you do?

• Say sure and take their number
  • Say you already like someone else
  • Say you like the other person
  • Say you can't accept their offer
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• this is hard for me to decide actually, because even if i like this guy... I'm not in a relationship with him yet, and i dont like the idea of closing myself off even if i like someone, because i could be pushing an opportunity away. when i have a boyfriend, then i close myself off.
    i hope that doesn't come off the wrong way...

but yeah i would say i couldn't accept his offer, although i wouldn't just go into my connection with the guy I'm talking to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ehh it depends for me honestly because right off the bat I can usually get a good feel for a person and whether or not I feel any sort of spark or connection. But at the same time I sort of need a good connection, click with their personality before I'll even consider doing anything, so I'd say I'll take their number and keep my options open and consider going out for coffee with them to get to know them, but not a date as I don't date strangers or people I know nothing about.

But generally I tend to side with the better thing and person I have a better connection with and what I think is better for me overall so it could go either way to be honest but I have fairly moderate to high standards so few people ever meet my criteria.

What Girls Said 2

• If it was me, I'd be badass about it and straight up say I like the guy that I've been talking to for a year.

• Or, you take the person's number and gracefully deal with them later. Then, once they walk away, realize it's now or never, and confess to the other person you like and explain that you don't intend on meeting up with the person who just gave you their number.

What Guys Said 1

• 1 year, you have to make a move, or show some intent