A guy I don't know walked up to me and asked me on a date. What should I do?

I went to a school event yesterday and a guy I have absolutely never met before walked up to me and asked me to go out with him. I was surprised and it took me a bit before reacting. I told him it was sudden, but why not. I gave him my number, introduced myself, talked a little and left.
It was surprising, VERY surprising.
Here's the deal: I know that a first date might absolutely not be followed commitment, but I have a huge crush on that one guy who clearly likes me back and I was wondering if it was ok to "engage" in new relationships while I have feelings for someone.
What do you guys think?

It might be possible that it was a bet with his buddies. College guys can be dumb, sometimes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple answer. Would it be ok if these guys did the same to you?
    If the answer is yes carry on. Treat others how you wish to be treated.

• Are you talking about going out with me while having feelings for another girl?
      No, heck no! It already happened to me and it ended up in war, so no.
      Thanks for your opinion! It makes me think a lot! :)

• Yes exactly iam glad it's helped.

• Thank you for the MHO

What Guys Said 1

• THE ANSWER IS A RAGING NO.

• That's what I thought. Can you justify your answer, please? =)

• If you start dating another person while having feelings for another man than the man you are currently dating might begin to develop feelings for you, which leads to heartbreak if you go back to the original man you love. @asker Also, let's say you get into a relationship, then what?

• Yea! That's what I was considering while asking this!
      When I said i have "feelings" for another guy doesn't mean I'm in love with him, but I feel a very strong attraction that could lead to a potential very strong mental connection (read my other posts about the "serial starer" and you'll get my point), but nothing's going on right now. But yea, you are right! Thank you for your answer!

What Girls Said 1

• I see no problem with you going on a date with him. you're single. why not give him a chance?

• I want to give him a chance, but I'm scared he would fall for me. Since I have a huge crush on another guy, I don't want to have to reject this one after he asks me out because I end up with the other one.

• you should have rejected him when he asked for your number then.

also, nothing may happen with the guy you like. you may even realize after getting to know him better, you don't like him after.

• You have a point, but I didn't want to be rude and reject him. I think I'll give it a try and we'll see what happens.