How do I make my boyfriend take me out more?

I feel like all we ever do is sit home and I watch him play video games. I get extremely bored and don't know what to do with myself. He's tight on money a lot of the time but normally still has money for what he wants. How do I make him take me on date nights?

Most Helpful Guy

• man that sounds boring af.

well, the right way would be, that he willingly wants to take you out more, that is the best possible result.

seems like he's okay with just being comfortable though, in this case, I wouldn't advise you to try and figure tactics to get him to take you out, cause its just not the same shit. Instead, express how you really don't find the time you two spend together to be worth cherishing, and you feel you both can make efforts to do more.

Most Helpful Girl

• By offering to pay/pitch in.

• I buy us food pretty often. And it's starting to get a little old.

• Hey you're in a relationship, if he doesn't make much and you don't either you can always go Dutch.

What Guys Said 15

• I feel sorry for you! Not to seem rude, but he's not really doing a great job as a boyfriend! Not saying he should spend all the money he has on you, but even if he doesn't wanna spend money on you, he should still do things with you! You should definitely talk to him about it. If he cared for you enough, he would definitely spend more time with you than his video games. If you don't want to talk to him about it, why not set up the date nights yourself? Nothing wrong with you setting up dates for you two! If his/your budget doesn't quiet meet up to the date, go on dates that don't really cost that much money! Go hiking together or something! He should definitely be taking you out more though!

• "How do I make him take me"

What? You're the one who wants to go on date nights, why aren't you putting ideas on the table for what to do, and make a habit out of it?

That, and dates are not free. If you can't provide money and he doesn't have any to waste on that either, then obviously he won't rush for the idea. I sure hope you at least intend to pay for your own part.

• You can't make him do anything. You need to think of this problem in another way.

• Destroy his video games.

• Laughed so hard. Lmao!

• How do you "make" your boyfriend take you out more? If you have to make someone do something then your relationship isn't long for this world.

• Why's that?

• Because he either wants to do something or he doesn't. If he wanted to go out more then he'd be taking you out more. And making him take you out more when he doesn't would put a strain on your relationship and you'd potentially come across as needy, demanding, and high maintenance.

• Have you communicated this to him? If not then just say you'd like to go out more and ask him what his thoughts are on that.

• Find a new boyfriend who's not a video game playing douchebag. Get out and enjoy the world. Video games are for the bored, lonely and socially misfit. If he doesn't choose spending time with you over all else - find a new someone.

• You ask him to do that. He doesn't hae to spend mch money anyway, just a walk in a scenic way should be enough.

• I think that every date doesn't have to be something you spend money on but sometimes it would be nice to be taken out and spent money on. Like maybe a few times a month. I don't feel like I ask for too much. It would be nice to be treated to dinner or a movie every once in a while. That's all.

• Tell him you need more that to sit around and watch him play video games. If he won't take you out, then tell him you're going out with your friends instead.

• tell him about a movie you're excited about that's in the movies even if you're not that excited. Try to act like you really wanna see it

• You should read the book called love languages

• Why don't you take him out?

• I do. All the time. I buy him groceries and get him dinner.

• Buying groceries isn't a date. And making him dinner isn't taking him out.

• No I've taken him out and bought takeout. But why should it have to be on me to buy all the time?

• If my girlfriend tell me to choose by the way video games and taking her out I will kick her right out of door.

• That's pretty sad but I never told him to choose me or a video game... I just wanna go on a date every once in a while. So this statment doesn't really work in this situation.

• men these days!! Take a lady out, dammit. What happen to the men that would take women out

• More sex! Or you can take him out this isn't 1955 and you dont own a delorean time machine.

• I do take him out and pay for dinner and groceries all the time. I go above and beyond for my relationship.

• And I don't think sex is going to make him take me out.

• It is if the sex is below par on your side.

What Girls Said 6

• Ask him to at least take you out for a walk. I mean he your boyfriend maybe you two can put money in a piggy bank and save up for to go to mini golf or a nice dinner.

• Have you offered to pay for him to go out to dinner? Or to go dutch? People prioritize what they want. Also try suggesting to do some things that don't require spending a lot of money.

• Have you actually told him how you feel about this?

• I've hinted around it. But I feel bad because he's going through a rough patch and doesn't have a lot of money. I buy us dinner and stuff all the time. I don't even want to tell him what I want for Christmas because it's kinda expensive but I'm paying a lot for his. I don't know what to do...

• Forget about Christmas for the time being, except remember that it is always better to give than to receive.

You say the poor guy is going through a rough time, so he is probably feeling pretty damned awful at the moment not being able to treat you as you think he should.

Like others here have already mentioned, why not try and come up with some ideas of where to go, and and what to do where it costs very little money, if any at all.

One last thing, why is it so necessary for you to expect such an expensive present, or even to give one.. Christmas is not, never has been, nor ever will be, about just how much a thing costs

• Ask him out for a change.
    There is a lot of things you can do without much money: nice outdoor walks, hike, picnic, cinema etc...

• why not just propose sth yourself...

• Ask him. Talk to him. Tell him you're feeling bored with your date nights and you'd like to go out. There are plenty of dates that don't cost a lot of money and are lots of fun!