Should I get married?

Okay Im turning 18 VERY soon I met this guy when we were in middle school we started dating when we were abour 12 so about 6 years we have been dating. Ever since we were little we always told eachother we wanted to marry eachother and that we couldnt wait till we were older and could cuddle in bed and hold hands whenever we wanted. Im turning 18 SO SOON. This is the guy I wanna marry. I want to spend my life with him and have kids. But my friends are so unsupportive they think its weird to get married as soon as you turn 18 but Im madly in love with this guy. And he loves me just as much. Then one of them told me we wouldn't make a cute couple... Like wtf does that mean. They said because he has brown skin brown eyes and black hair it would be weird to date a blue eyes pale skin blonde girl. And would just be ugly together. Like wtf. Looks dont matter because we love eachother. Are they just being immature about it? Or is it me? People usually say were too young to get married and we should wait a bit but if were going to get married eventually why can't it be soon? literally every day since we were a kid we kept waiting for the day we could legally be family. Were not rushing into anything we have been together SIX YEARS we know eachother just as well as we know our selfs.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't listen to people. They always like to butt into other people's lives and make comments about it. Doesn't mean they are always right. It's okay to hear people's comments but that doesn't mean they are right. Many people just talk without reason and out of jealousy.. etc especially when it comes to marriage and stuff like that.

You found the love of your life, and you were able to picture yourself with him having a future together. Not many people get that lucky. I have never met a girl where i can imagine having a future with yet, and i'm 22 and i met a lot of girls. Just never met one that has values + beauty that i like.

One advice to you is, if you guys are both MATURE for your age then it could be a good idea to get married. Most marriages especially in US, Canada, and Europe usually end up in divorce. The reason why that happened for the most part is because the couples decided to get married at a stage in their life were they weren't Mature and did not know what they want. Every person becomes mature enough and figures out what they want at different ages depending on what they go through in their lives. Some people become mature and realize what they want at age 30-45 and some others could reach it at age 20. I personally was considered mature since age 18 but i only found out what i really want at age 20.

I will tell you again, if you guys consider yourselves smart and mature enough and you know what you want, then marriage could be a very good idea. If not, then maybe you would want to wait a little bit maybe until you are 20-23.

I personally wouldn't mind getting married right now, if i found my other half. But i would only get married to her if i KNOW she is a mature woman and knows what she wants in life and in guys; or else it will be a freakin nightmare if i made the wrong decision to marry an immature girl.

Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• My mother told me don't get married until you have college degree and a mortgage. Maybe not for everybody, but good advice anyway. because it says something about making a mature decision regarding a very important step in your life.

Wish you well whatever you do though...

What Guys Said 3

• I am totally down for your relationship and think it is very cute, but why rush? I would wait until you are 24-25 to get married.

• anyone who marries before 25 is rushing it and has some perosnal issues in my opinion.

we live in 2015. get the most education as you can and experience life before doing it.

people think marriage is a casual thing lol

• You write too much so without reading it and with life experience, NO DONT DO IT AND IF YOU DO DONT FORGET TO WEAR A HELMET.

What Girls Said 4

• It's up to you both. You guys seem stable enough that you guys could probably pull it off.. have you guys ever lived together? Try that first and see if you both are able to stand one another... that's one true commitment proof.

The marriage license is also just a paper. Listen to your gut, and it will tell you. No one else can. If you are ready for a serious relationship and he's game and supportive towards you, then by all means!

• I don't think skin and looks has anything to do with getting married. If you're ready and you're positive, go for it. So many people base love on time when its a feeling. But make sure, feelings aside that you know yourself and him don't let love blind you from any truths

• 18 is way too young for marriage in my opinion.

• U have bound urself to him give ur self time to explore stop tying urself so soon to a marriage.. u have a whole life ahead for marriage but once ur married ur restricted so think about it