He told me he wouldn't stick around if I was going to hang out with other guys?

This is the story of my life and I can't seem to fix it at all! I was dating a guy for three years with so much drama and then we both ended it out of anger and decided to be just friends. Well that just friends turned out to still going to the movies and going to dinner and going to the store together and all that stuff. But I want to see other guys because he was my first boyfriend and he don't want to see any other girls because he loves me. And I still love him. But there's this guy I met in the summer who is totally opposite to this guy I dated for three years. He's hot, muscular and very polite and little cocky I think but people say He's just very confident compared to the guy I dated who does everything for me no matter what not good looking, a little cute but liked him for his personality. I never got to get to know this other guy because I was still involved with my boyfriend at the time. We kissed in the summer and recently went to see a movie as friend and then I went home. My big problem is that I still love the guy I dated for three years and loves how he takes care of me and does everything for me but I won't no if he is the right one for me until I start seeing other people. He told me he wouldn't stick around if I was going to hang out with other guys alone and that's what I am starting to do and he don't like it. I just don't want to loose him in my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• If he really care about you, he would stick around. If he loves you, he will be willing to give you some space in order to figure out what you want. He don't want to pressure you in your decision. Sound to me like he is pressuring you. If you feel pressure then neither of the guys are worth it. Dump both of them and move on with your life. Your first boyfriend, does not meams that he has to be the last one. Go out and enjoy your self, enjoy life and you deserve better!

What Guys Said 2

• im not even gona read your description cos the title sez it all. if he doesn't want you to hang around other guys its because he cares a lot abou you. if he's telling you that if you di he'll leave you...odds are he's pretty close to loving you.

let me tell you what's going through his head and what goes through all us guys heads in these situations.

what is she getting from those other guys that she can't get from me?

granted you can have 1 or 2 guy friends that uve known for a long time that are close to you but make sure you introduce them to your boyfriend first...if your hanging around groups of guys or singular guys by yourself then that's wrong in so many many many catagories.

at the end of the day wen you decided to call ur boyfriend ur boyfriend you signed an invisible outhe that you belong to him as well as he belonging to you...you agreed to respect him as your partner and as a man...your not respecting or treating him as a man by hanging out with other guys. infact ur belittling his masculinaty which is relly all a guy has to his name. its routed with our pride. don't ever disrespect it, because those guys won't be around forever...and when they all find the chick they love, they'll stop hanging round you...and ull end up alone wondering where ever1 went...ull call ur ex (present bf) up and he'ld have found sum1 else. and like a chik you'll blame every1 else but yourself then end up picking the wrong guy.

just some food for thought.

regards from,

Doctor Sex

• Hi,

Now doctor sex some of that was wrong there, masculinaty is not all a guy has and if you think that then your wrong cause a guy has more than that most guys don't know it. What's that ment to mean "like a chik you'll blame everyone else but yourself" I DON'T THINK SO!!! not all girls are like that so stop trying to fit us all into one catagory.

• Lol are you telling me about guys? me outta all people lol seriously....thats lyk telling a fish how 2 swim! lol granted not all girls are the same...but if ur trying tell me what I'm saying is wrong...then you my love are barking mad

• thats not fair.but I don't think guys care when I hang with their girls because I'm gay but it seems like he has trust issues. sit him down and explain there is nothing to worry about, if its love it will happen.

What Girls Said 7

• To me it sounds like he is making a smart decision for himself. Although, it is tough to hear that from the one you love, it is the best decision he can make for himself.

I'll just state whatever I'm thinking...

Your ex-boyfriend can't be waiting around for you to make you decision while you go out with other men. Lets say he is waiting for you like a naive guy thinking your going to come back to him, while you are growing closer to the new guy. At the end there is a 50% chance that you will choose that other guy, and he will get the worst feeling knowing that he was waiting for you, making himself feel vulnerable just so that he can be rejected.

Your Ex probably does love you too, but he also has to take care of himself and watch out for his own feelings and emotions as well. In a relationship you both invested time and emotions for each other. You won't be investing no time and emotion on him, while he would be using time and emotion on you while you dated other guys. So instead of doing so, he would rather not wait while you date other guys.

I'm not too sure if there was a question in your post, even though I read it over again, but this is just my thoughts on his side of the story.

I wish you luck.

• He loves me me more then I love him. we both love eachother. that's why its so hard to break away. but I don't know what to do because I want to see other people because I won't know if he is the one for me or not. I'm still young (18) and I've been with one guy for three years already.

• Thank you sooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!'

• Hi,

If he has cheated on you then he is not worth being with find someone that will treat you better, I hate cheaters they are a waste of space and time why would you still be in love with someone that has cheated on you twice don't be stupid kid wise up to his mistakes and find someone better he is no good for you. You could do much better. Find someone else and live a happy life.

• You can't live in the past! If he truly loves you he will stick around you can't be afraid to live your life cause you might hurt him

• That is the biggest pile of bullsh*t I have ever read...they should ban people like you from talking

• Why cause I wouldn't let someone stop me from being with other people

• Hi,

Well if you love him and still want him in your life then you wouldn't be going out with other guys and trying to look for someone else that's not fair your stringing your ex along until you find another guy. If you love your ex and he loves you then you's to are meant to be together if he does everything for you and loves you then why would you want to find someone else If you let him go he will eventually find someone else and if your next relationship doesn't work out then he would have moved on without you. The best bet is to stick with the guy you were with for 3 years, 3 years is a very long time, I've been with my partner for 10 months and it seems like a life time, But defenetly stick to your 3 year love don't be stupid and try and find someone else because you'll just get hurt.

What do you find laking in your ex to your summer guy?

Hope this helps, Good luck

By L

• Me and my ex had many issues together like him cheating on me twice and catching him in so many lies. His friends are older then him and VERY immature and I don't like hanging out with them because then my ex starts to act the same way. He's very laid back and waits until I do or say something.

• it depend what do you like more the new guys looks or the old boyfriends personality. me personally wouldn't date a guy cause he is hot/cute. I would date him if he was there when I needed someone to talk to and would listen to me and not pretend to

• Either date him exclusively or drop him for the other guy.

You're screwing with his heart by leading him on while you're hanging out with other guys, and it's not nice.

• He's very jealous.

• stay with the one with the bigger **** :)