Should I take her on a date first or ask her to be my g/f?

So I've been talking to this girl and I'm sure she likes me because people have told me she does. We have talked about our personal life and about what we like and we don't. So would it be ok if I asked her to be my girlfriend or should I ask her out on a date before I do?

I'm just wondering what would be best, I don't know which should go first in certain occasions.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask her on a date first, I would never ask a girl to be my girlfriend if I haven't at least gone on 5 dates or more. You might scare her off if you ask her to be your girlfriend without even going on dates first. So what if you like each other, all that means is your both attracted to each other, you should get to know her better before asking her to be your girlfriend.

What Girls Said 2

• Date first. That way you can make sure that sort of relationship will work out and you can grow comfortable with each other before progressing to boyfriend/girlfriend status.

• Definitely a date first and sometimes it may take a couple. That way you can get comfortable with each other and learn more about one another.

What Guys Said 2

• DON'T ASK HER TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND! I've learned from an early age that you do not earn the respect of the woman that way. Take her out on dates, kiss, have fun and sooner than later you both will be comfortable with calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend. :)

• Is best that you ask her out on a date first, taking her to dinner or something. Just don't ask her to be ur girlfriend right away, give her some times after a date and you both will be boyfriend and girlfriend =)