Would you ever date someone with depression or an eating disorder?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I would yes.
    We can take each day as it comes we will have good and bad days we can make it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm in love with a guy who has depression

What Guys Said 12

• I think if you have depression and you know you have depression, then I guess dating someone could finally change the way you view yourself and have therapeutic effects. We could start doing things together and have fun!

BUT I would not put up with anorexia and bulimia. If you know you should eat, then EAT ALREADY. If you have eaten a bit too much today, that is FINE! Now stop being cray-cray about it. You know what you are doing is wrong, so why are you doing it? Makes no sense to me.

• I'd date a girl with depression, if I liked her i'd want to be there for her and help her through it. I've been there myself and now how hard it can be at times.

• depression, yes
    eating disorder, no

• No, I wouldn't.

• Probably. It's not something that I'd like, purposefully seek out, but if if there was someone who I really liked who had depression or an eating disorder, I would definitely at least put forth an effort to help them.

• No mayne. I look food too much.

• I don't need someone else with depression coming into my life.

• Depends on how good the sex and personality is.

• No I'm interested in being a therapist

• The fact that you are suffering from depression or have an eating disorder shouldn't stop anything. It means that your guy will be more perfect because he would care for you, help you and support you through tough times

• I have slight depression, but I manage it well and could help the person I am dating. I also understand why a person feels they may need to do what they ae doing, so Id slowly get them to at a more normal diet.

• No, I try to keep toxic people out of my life.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes i would i am depress myself !

• Depense on how serious the depression are. I have depression and we might just ruin each other if he had serious depression. I could maybe date someone with an eating disorder. Not sure about depression.

I really want to try to be open minded because what makes me sad that people who are sexually assulted or are depressed are for some reason a turn off when they really just need help and comfort. If i really loved that person i would try my best to stick by.

• Yes for both, if I'm dating them it's cause I love their personality. A mental disorder or eating disorder does not change who they are in my eyes and i'd do my best to help them or support them as much as I can.

• Depression, I think I can handle (I suffered depression 3 years ago)
    Eating disorder, I don't think so.

• As I have depression and anxiety myself it just doesn't go. My ex was also depressed and we fought all the time it was never ending..

• No, I don't think people with those kinds of issues should date until they've at least gotten things under control.

• To those who have downvoted me could you explain why you did?

• I feel that sometimes having another person in your life can help you through your struggling. I'm bulimic and slightly depressed but it's something that I hide really well (absolutely nobody knows). I wouldn't shy away from dating just because I have some issues that I'm dealing with right now. In fact, maybe a boyfriend would be someone I'd open up to about my problems if we became really close. I can definitely see your side - sometimes relationships can make things stressful and more difficult, but they can also bring out the best in a person.

• You might be able to help them! Just be there for them :)