Long distance relationships, is it worth it or possible?

I am 19 and I am interested in this guy that is not near me. He is only two hours away and we think it can work. Is it worth giving a try or even possible especially at my age?

Most Helpful Girl

• 2 hours? lol... seriously?
    girl, if the guy is worth it, give it a go. u never know what could happen. u do need to put in the effort though, and so does he. just think of days and places u can meet so y'all can look forward to seeing each other.

What Guys Said 10

• Ok this might be a long one. When I met this lady I was staying in Boksburg and she was in Newcastle. (PS form South Africa) Boksburg is about 342 kilometres away from Newcastle. On the roads that we have her it’s a 4 to 5 hour drive. It was hard in the beginning since I was still a student and did not have a car, she did not have one ether. We pushed through and we are now married for 2 years. It was definitely worth it, as I said in an earlier post every second that I am not with her I miss out on the best time of my life. So yes it think it can work and is most definitely worth it.  hope it helps

• 2 hours? hahaha that's not long distance come talk to me when you get into being on separate sides of the country like I have and international stuff. That's long distance, 2 hours is nothing just put in the effort to see each other and you'll be fine, never know what can happen.

• Two hours is not long distance, you can see each other very often still. Every weekend, which is sometimes how much couples see each other even if they are dating very nearby! Depending on how busy they are.

• 2 hours. I wish mine was like that, wouldn't have ended how it did. If you have met before and love each other and you both put the effort in, it can work. But if you have never met like in my case and are just hoping to, you will both just get bored before that could ever happen unless you have immediate plans. But in my case I like in England and her in America, and we were both unemployed with no way of seeing each other. So destined for doom. She has some guy she can see in person now so I'm happy for her.

• There are determining factors. How close are you guys? Do you trust him? do you have a car? Do either of you have money? Does he do anything considered "sketch"?

• Not worth it..

• long distance is tough. I'll never do it again unless I'm committed to them first and willing to do whatever it takes to make it work.

• They are very difficult, they are hard on both of you, and you have to have complete and utter trust in each other, and make time to communicate regularly, and see each other when you can.

2 hours is nothing, I was half a world away from mine.

• 2 hours is NOT LDR!!! Oh ghosh.

• Half the world away. Never met for 3 years. Married now for six years. 2 kids. Happy.

It is worth it if the person you love is worth the wait. And it is absolutely possible, just hard at certain times.

What Girls Said 6

• man two hours is not an LDR... an LDR is when two people live in two different countries like on the other side of the world -_-' :'(
    the only way it can work would be only if both partners are willing to make it work

• I'm in a relationship with a guy who lives on the other side of the planet. You're lucky, 2 hours is nothing... I'd die for us to live that close.
    Yes, it can work if you both want it to work. With the right person it is worh it.

• its only worth it if you're thinking of closing the distance in a year

• 2 hours is nothing. You two can handle it as long as there is passion and commitment ✨

• 2 hours is nothing, of course is worth to try :)

• Love is not measured by distance, it's measured by making sacrifices and working together to find a way to be together. Long distance relationships need a lot more effort than if you were living next to a guy, but they can work and do work.

Personally, i couldn't be in a long distance relationship , because they make me too emotionally unsafe. I would hold onto my heart until i could hold him in my arms.

So if you are determined to be together then you will both find a away to be together and make it work. 💛