Is it okay to be jealous?

Okay , when my friend had a boyfriend, she totally ignored me for like 2 months, then they broke up. After that we started hanging out a lot and became really close. Now, she has taken interest in this guy, who is really cool, plays guitar, sings.etc. and I'm starting to worry that maybe she'll get hooked on him and forget about me again. I was wondering, is it right for me to be jealous of him taking all her time? I know I should be happy that she found a good guy, but I can't help getting angry whenever I see him hug her and stuff.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best friend got a boyfriend for the 1st time last year. At first I was really happy for her. Then she started cancelling on me to be with him and when we were together all she would talk about was him. I would always defend myself by saying that I didn't want a boyfriend and stuff like that. I was starting to get jealous to the point I didn't want to hang out with her. Then they broke up and not all I hear about is how she wants a boyfriend. It's ok to be jealous. Just don't let it come between you two if you don't want it to. Talk to her about how you feel.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It is ok to be jealous, a lot of us women do secretly do it (I know I do). Guys even do it; for example, calling one of their "bros" whipped is often tinged with jealous motives. The point is, is that it is OK as long as you don't take it to an extreme. The best remedy for the situation is to share your feelings with your friend, then maybe she'll be more aware of your thoughts and work harder to remedy the situation. A person can't fix a problem they don't know about.

• It is okay ot be jealous. but you have to get over it and let her be hapy. Or you could talk to her and tell her how you fel.