Guys, I'm 19, I look 15. How much of a problem is that?

I do get attention from guys. Most of the guys I'm around are 17-18 though.
In public I get looks from older guys and a few have asked for my number but they were way older and clearly creepy.
Anyway I feel like my young look is a disadvantage. Sure it'll be a blessing when I'm 30, but right now I hate it..

The majority of people assume I'm 15. I'm called cute and precious by adults and they say I look like a fairy. I'm also barely over 5ft and tiny in general.

I like being small but... I wish I had a more mature face.

Anyway is it a big deal? I feel like a guy in my dating range (18-22/23) would prefer a girl who looks at least 17/18 even if she's not.

• Define turn off
  • Turn off but might see past it if I really like her
  • Neural don't care
  • Actually like it

Most Helpful Guy

• You're very lucky. Men find it attractive. Youth is indicative of health, and health of fertility. Fertility is what men are (subconciously) attracted to and are always looking for whether its through pheromones, looking at breast size etc (which is an indicator of a fertile woman etc). We don't "think" about it that way - its just the way our brains work without us realising it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 28 and look 20/21 (I'm short also). It's fine when I am out with friends (yay to being carded!) and getting hit on by guys, but not so much on the professional front. I work at a university, and it's upsetting when employees coo over you and asks you what year you are in school and what your major is, despite them STANDING IN YOUR OFFICE and you work in administration.

It's funny and a nuisance all at the same time.

• The "STANDING IN YOUR OFFICE" seriously made me go "WHAT THE" out loud. Good thing I was at home

I'll answer the OP in a bit.

• @AlwaysBelieving I guess they think I'm hanging out in Mommy or Daddy's office, despite MY name being on the door. I don't even dress like a student. Some people are just really dense.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm 21 and I look about 17, so this wouldn't bother me. To be honest, it'd be nice not to be seen as the younger one for a change.

• It doesn't shock me anymore, but it's a fact that almost all grown men are attracted to teen girls so don't worry about it, as long as you actually are 19.

• I'm 23, with a beard (but not a big beard), i look older, we would be cool together lol :D

I think nowadays girls (around 15-20 years olds) try to look more older then what they actually are, with make up and clothes, so if you look 15, you may look like a 19 year old, but if you really look "15", i don' think it's a turnoff at all.

• I think if you date guys your age it would be fine, or if you meet guys in uni etc. I would not have even thought of approaching a 15 year old when I was 22.

• Yeah... I'll admit it, I'm a perv.

I'd quite like going out on and having a girlfriend who looks 15.

• Do you prefer the way 15 yr olds look to girls your age in all honesty?

• overall? no. have i met attractive 15-16 year old girls? a couple.

• I'm 23 but I look 19 so whatever

• I'm 17 and I don't know if I look young or old 😂 LOL
    And don't worry you'll definitely get your Mr Right and why ain't you be with any younger guy?
    And tbh after your description I'm dying to see you 😶

• Why am I not with a younger guy? I don't need tf immaturity

• Lol I don't have friends online.

• Oh ok
      So it's a No 💔
      :P
      Thanks

• Whatever structure you have stay comfortable with that because its god's choice. He might have planned something special for you. Who so ever guy will date you (under your range), he will truly love you because he will accept you with everything you don't like about yourself. You just wear a smile and stay confident.

• I think it's a reasonable concern. I wouldn't date someone who looked 15 unless she had a really good/mature personality which proved otherwise. There are guys who probably like that.

Also no we don't always want someone who looks 17/18.

• Well the way you look doesn't determine your personality. I would hope a good mature personality is a prerequisite for you no matter how old the girl looks.

• Yeah exactly.

• I'm 38 and look younger. Youth is a desired trait don't sweat it. Use it to your advantage and if you don't know how to yet I'm sure you will learn soon.

• Well, I'm 19 but people say I look around 16 so yeah I understand. Definitely not a big deal.

• Wheres the light right now when i needed to turn it ON gawd dammit! >.>

• I'm 24 but most people don't even think I'm 21. It's good. It means you should age well.

• I'm 31, and look 23.

• The younger you look, the more attractive you are. As a woman anyway.

• I don't think it should be a problem, but it all depends on the individual.

• Not good in my opinion, it makes people think the Man is a creep.

• It's a good thing

• I feel like it's a girl thing to think you look really young. To guys, that's just what young women look like and they're attracted to that.

• Blessing in disguise. It might suck for now but yeah... you will be lucky in a few more years. When girls look older than their age, it's usually gonna follow that pattern. It's a great thing for you!

• Well at my age looking 15 would be bad :p

When I was 18-19, my girlfriend looked younger. If she were younger it would have bothered me. At the time I found her, and her young look, hot.

But I'd really encourage you to not voice those thoughts about 'looking 15'. If you tell guys you look 15, you're telling them 'if you hit on me, you're a pedo'. If they happen to think that you're a cute young woman, don't tell them their sick and then wonder why you're single. :p

• Well I don't do that lol

• I'm sure it doesn't bother any guy but they'll probably avoid asking you out since you look underage. You'll probably have to put more of an effort to ask guys out.

• I would never date one but 15/16 year old girls can look pretty cute (in an attractive sexually desirable way), so it's really not a turn off.

• I'm nearly 22 and still get asked for ID all the time so I guess I look 17... or younger.

What Girls Said 8

• I'm 22 and I look 12 so I feel ya lol

• Define turn off well I am 20 years... so...

• I feel you I am 20 and I look 15.
    It s whatever

• Stop whining. It's not a big deal. You'll find a guy who would care less about how you look but will still love you

• No need to be rude.

• People call it sarcasm. Geez

• That's not sarcasm 😂😂 sarcasm is when you mean the opposite of what you say.

• I'm told I look 13-16 and so many guys are afraid to approach me :'(

• Yeah, I have a DWR (as in "Danger Will Robinson") meter that I'd never approach if "it" goes off. by the way I'm 36 and people think I'm 24-27.

Do you approach guys?

• Sighhh I have the same problem

• I'm 18 I look 12 😂 It's not a big issue though. It's actually good for when you get older. You won't look as old.

• I'm 25 and people ALWAYS think I'm 15. It's annoying now but you'll appreciate it later. guys have told me it's not a bad thing.