Is it inappropriate for an 18 year old girl to date a 16 year old?

so im 18 and i have a crush on a boy whom is 2 years younger than me (16 for those of you that failed math). if we were to go out do you feel that would be inappropriate? thanks.

• totally inappropriate
  • completely fine

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to wait, ask a cop in a mall walking around

Most Helpful Girl

• The 18 year old is an adult going out into the world. They're in a very different place than the 16 year old in the middle of high school. I don't think it's fair to either of them because the 16 year old can't relate to what the 18 year old is doing.

What Guys Said 16

• so im 18 and i have a crush on a boy whom is 2 years younger than me (16 for those of you that failed math)

25-29... yeah.

• I'm 16lol and where I'm from people would find it weird... make a few comments for a while jokely... But I don't see it weird, normally it's the other way around. However it won't matter in 5 years, but it depends on you some girls won't ever date a younger guy right now... and it's based on the connection and maturity not age

• Miss (25-29) Anon is 18 years old? MIND BLOWN !!!

• Every guy in high school wants a girl who is elder then him, guys till 25 wants elder girls they are more mature hot and sexy.
    Go for it he won't say no.

• Maturity isn't dependent on age! It depends on how one responds to different situations! If the girl and boy are mature enough to understand the well being of each other.. Then they should go for it..!

• wow lot of people saying that it's completely fine, I wonder if they would've had the same opinion if a 18 year old guy was dating a 16 year old girl

• My opinion is pretty much the same actually. It's a little on the creepy side, but not enough for me to be concerned immediately.

• @blue_sun
      Thankyou it is illegal anyhow

• @Monsters It isn't illegal in most of the USA. There are laws called Romeo and Juliet laws, and they allow for relationships between young adults and older teens.

• I'm not sure it's inappropriate, but it's not a good idea either. Why not wait a few years or date someone your own age?

• Wait...18-16 is two? I thought it was 69? Man, I definitely failed math ughhh😅😅

• Remember he's jailbait.

• It's cool. The Guy would probably be like.."aw yeah, I scored an older girl" XD. I like older women too, in fact.. the maturity and experience is such a bonus :D.

• i say completely fine because its just 2 years... of course you are legality adult but the age gap isn't big so i guess its fine

• It's only two years it will also matter less and less with time

• I don't think that its a good idea. It will be hard for him to manage the date with 2 year older girl. His thoughts can be immature. And this can also be the reason of humour for somebody.

• he must be good looking as fuck to date down on age level

• That's fine are you guys fucking?

• Ever heard of the phrase... "love is blind"

What Girls Said 8

• Personally, I think it's find. Legally, it depends on where you live. In my country, it would be totally okay but in some it wouldn't be.

• Because it's not legal, I wouldn't recommend it. But maybe in a year when he reaches the legal age of consent. It wouldn't be appropriate and it might cause trouble if you do now

• It's totally fine.. in terms of maturity 16 & 18 isn't that far off.

• I personally think it's okay. The age difference isn't too large at all.

• It depends on your maturity and that of the boy.

• It is kinda weird especially because you are older and the boy is younger. (my opinion) I think because boys are supposed to look after the girls and u are older than him

• At least its not like you guys are like 7-10 years apart, than that would be innapropriate, but 2 years? No.

• Objectively speaking, both mental & physical age between them is not that big.
    Therefore, I consider it fine.