Why are there so many black girls on GAG who like white guys, yet in real life I never see black girls with white guys?

There are tons of questions on this site from black girls asking if white guys like them and are willing to date them. Even so, I never see black girl actually with white guys when I'm out. Why is there such a disconnect there?

Most Helpful Girl

• The reason is obvious. The girls you see in real life aren't the one's asking the questions. So all efforts in reassuring the black girls here that white guys like are interested in them does nothing. The average black girl / white guy isn't getting the message that one is interested in the other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know, I like black women, I see a lot of attractive black women walking around but I see very few dating outside their race. Also from my own perspective black women are the women least likely to interact with me. Asian women, mixed race women and White women will all interact with me, I'll be fortunate if a black woman (my age) ever talks to me. I'm not going to pursue a race of women who I assume just aren't interested in me. They need to open up a bit I think, they're too closed off.

• "I'm not going to pursue a race of women who I assume just aren't interested in me. They need to open up a bit I think, they're too closed off."

Agree 100%.

• If they aren't interested in me that's fine, but I am not the only white guy that feels this way about black women. I am sure there are black women who are fine with interacting with white men, they date white men, no problem, but the one's I have met haven't been the friendliest towards me, so naturally I take it as a sign of "ewww no thanks, you're so not my type haha" but whatever, you can't attract everyone :P

What Girls Said 3

• where are you from?

plus, some don't like to flaunt it in public because of all the hate bw/wm couples openly get.

• maybe they haven't found the right white guy.. or maybe they just feel more comfortable dating their own race.. and one more thing is that white guys do go for black girls.. but its not very common..

• I think the real reason is that it's not that common for black girls to be into white guys despite how it seems on the internet. I think a lot of black women ask those questions because they're trolling for attention or just curious. The notion, though, that no open-minded black woman has been able to find a white guy doesn't hold water.

• you used ''i think'' twice.. so that's your opinion.. obviously you cannot possible know what all black girls think.. there can be different reasons for every girl..

• Uh, of course it's my opinion. The entirety of GAG is nothing more than people's opinions.

• Well it's mor like black guys and white girls

What Guys Said 12

• probably because, REGARDLESS of being white, they haven't found a guy they actually like?

• So every black girl who likes white guys has yet to find a decent white guy? Occam's Razor suggests a better explanation.

• @cinderelli

I don't know why but I laughed so hard at the part that said "white women were the most selective even though they were the second least popular"

• @Bandit74 hahahaha.. now you are making me laugh too..

• Maybe white guys don't go for black girls :/

• Honestly a lot of black women like white guys, don't mean they would date them. I know a lot of black girls that get shit for dating a white guy. Sometimes they have to worry about whether or not he's only trying to date her because she's black. Looking at her as a trophy. There's the black female stereotype that can be a turn off for a lot of white guys. And others that are just intimidated, because they don't think a black woman would like them. For whatever reason the cultural differences, stereotypes and assumptions make it much less common for a black woman and a white man to date, but with the roles reversed it isn't as big n issue.

I wonder why that is.

• I don't know... I think people have a main race that they attract. For me it's black women which sucks because I am VERY RARELY attracted to black women. They just aren't my type.

• two reasons

white people know they are on top of the racial hierarchy structure and often stick to themsevles. they know their demand is high (as you can see its common for women of all race to be open to them) so unless these white dudes grew up in a diverse area or in an environment where black girls are considered hot, its rare more rare. especially when the US is super segregated. it smore common in diverse places like new york.

women like to date up meaning someone higher in this league or status. but it doesn't mean the dude will accept them.

according to okcupid, black girls get the least responses or msges. its the white guys wholl have the final say whether they want to date the black girl or not.

sorry for being factual, not sorry.

• Declaring your love for another race doesn't guarantee you'll land one. I like Asian chicks but I haven't dated many.

• What does that have to do with anything?

• I answered your question about why there's a disconnect.

• Interracial dating is prevalent in certain pockets of the population, but rare in others. You may live in a place where it's uncommon, while the black girls on this site live where it's more accepted.

• That's a very rational explanation--a rare thing here on GAG. Thank you.

• Also, races group in communities. You might not have a lot of black people where you live.

Nationally, blacks and Hispanics each make up around 15% of the population. However, where I grew up, blacks were like 1% of the local population while Hispanics were more like 50%. So as you can guess, white/hispanic dating was pretty common, while black/white was almost nonexistent as a simple function of availability.

• There are lots of black people here (~25% of the pop.), but there isn't just a whole lot of mixing between races.

• cos they're lying... or because you don't look hard enough.

• It's a new fetish for them it will blow away (no pun intended)

• White guys have a lot of options since every girl wants to date them. They are the choosers when it comes to dating interracial so they usually pick Asians and Latinas over black women.

• Well, I date non-black girls because I know for a *fact* that white girls and Latinas are into me. Black girls in general act like they don't like white guys, at least, that's my experience IRL.

• Personally I'd be afraid she'd feel humiliated if she ever suspected I date her out of curiosity, just because of her skin color. Thus for me it's more respect that would stop me.

• I don't know how black girls feel about that.

• Because as much as black girls may like white guys, white guys generally don't go for black women.