Why is it that I rarely get asked out?

I would like some input on this,

I think I am fairly attractive (i don't mean to sound concieted), guy friends have told me I'm cute/pretty even beautiful. I've been told I have a great personality, I am funny, witty, somewhat of a nerd, some guys are shocked of how many guy related stuff I know and have been told I'm the funniest girl they've met. My outfits are considered to be "Dressed up" when I go to uni and I keep good hygine.

Guys talk to me in general (most just stare), I am complimented but it never gets further than that. the men that I've dated, one I met in school others all from online dating said the same thing, that' I'm really attractive, I have a great personality, they've never had chemistry with someone like me, etc... I just don't get why I don't get approached in real life then? Or in class?

Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because guys are afraid of getting creep/rapist-shamed for talking to a girl. It's more risk than reward these days.

Make yourself look approachable and welcoming of conversation. If you don't, they aren't going to risk being the next guy castrated online and losing his job.

• this is called exaggeration. Sounds like an excuse to not speak to a woman.

• No, it's my actual experience. Still unemployed, thank you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Same thing as me, I don't think I'm all too bad looking but I can be a bit intimidating. I have bad posture which means I slouch a lot and it looks like I'm always disinterested because I also cross my arms a lot. Body language is so important. It may also depend who you're hanging out with as some guys might only want to approach you if you're alone for fear of rejection. I
    Just keep your back straight and try not to cover your body with your arms (you look less inviting that way), keep your head up and smile shyly if you see a guy staring at you (it may give him the confidence to come and talk to you). Guys love confidence in a girl so speak when conversing in groups. Hope this helps

What Guys Said 5

• Might be they feel you are out of their league. Most guys suffer fear of rejection, so they do not act. I am sure you have multiple guys who would love to ask you out, they lack confidence to do it.

Approach a few guys (friends) and be seen interacting with more people, they might feel more comfortable with you.

• Without seeing what you look like I would guess that maybe you don't seem approachable to the people you have classes/go to school with

• Maybe your outfits are considered to be too "Dressed up"? That turns some guys away, ya know.

• elaborate?

• High maintenance look, maybe a tad snobbish. Ready to turn down guys who don't wear expensive clothes like you.
      I' not saying it's certainly that but I've beeen not interested in expensive girls: many young guys are always or often broke or saving rather than spending on clothes and expdnsive restaurants.

• You're not the 1st girl asking this.

• Are you approachable?

• Maybe u just don't seem available enough

What Girls Said 1

• Without knowing more about you, your question is impossible to answer, and speculative answers will not help you. Ask a friend whose opinion you trust.