The problem with nice guys is they get sad instead of angry?

What do you think?

• I agree. Anger makes you do something.
  • I disagree. Girls like sad guys...
When I'm angry I'll work out or go for a run, being sad just makes you mope about the house getting fat.
Any other views?

Most Helpful Girl

• I once dated an overly nice guy. When I did something he didn't like he would just get really sulky and occasionally cry. It got to the point where I would have preferred him to yell at me. Don't get me wrong, constantly getting angry wouldn't be good either. I just felt like he should have stood up for himself sometimes instead of suliking about things.

• There are two thing I hate. girls who are so soft spoken to the point I can't hear them and people who say "I'm sorry" a lot

• Lol at the crying part.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of the self proclaimed nice guys on here aren't actually nice. They're terrible people in denial. It has nothing to do with guys getting sad or angry. It's that their personalities are dog shit. All the depth and personality of a used gym sock and then complain it's the woman's fault for not getting anywhere.

This goes for both men AND women. If any of us aren't successful with the opposite gender for the same exact reasons each time.. The common denominator is us. WE need to change. We can't blame other people because our egos are too weak to handle the thought of it. None of us are flawless.

What Girls Said 9

• The problem with nice guys is that they're not actually nice people.

• Explain please. I'm serious, not just messing with you.

• The problem with white guys is that they're not actually white people. How stupid did that sound? I just took your sentence and replaced "nice" with "white". If they aren't nice people then they are not nice guys now are they. What you are talking about is wolves in sheeps clothing they are acting like nice guys to get what they want but you have actual nice guys that would not do this.

• I'd be less likely to date/sleep a guy who identified as a 'nice guy' than a guy who was totally open about being a dickhead. Nice guys in my opinion are resentful, bitter and angry and I want no part of that.

• What you are talking about as a "nice guy" is obviously not really a nice guy then. Just by your description you should have noticed that.

• @ras144 I'm a better fit because these are people I've actually talked to and actually get along with. People that I was actually able to have deep conversations with, because we had gotten to know each other. I wasn't just talking to them about random things out of nowhere. Because they were people who actually wanted to talk to me too said sweet things to me. There was potential, but I lacked the bad boys' flashy bullshit.

No, i'm not jealous of a greasy guido douchebag, a guy who looks like a trailer park pot dealer with a face that bears more than a passing resemblance to a rat, and a knuckle-dragging, fat, stupid, ugly junkie criminal asswipe.

I just think the dumb luck they get is bullshit. They either don't outclass me, or have made even dumber, worse choices in life than I have. They don't deserve. These people are raised up, and for no reason. Just cause society says breaking rules for breaking rules' sake is "cool".

• @ras144 And I have worked on myself plenty. I have tried and tried and tried to figure this out, I've asked questions, I've done research. And I have seen improvements, even if they are not the ones I want.

But being satisfied being alone or changing the girls I chase is for losers. I won't settle for boring and ordinary while everything I want, everything good, all the fun goes to the shitbags. I refuse to accept a life of settling for less. I refuse to accept to just "know my role". Fuck that. And since that is your advice to me, to just shrug and "know my role", then fuck you too.

• The self-proclaimed 'nice guys' I've met actually tend to be very bitter and resentful.

• Bitter but not angry in a masculine way, they don't go out and get what they want.

• @circlebill Yep, it's all women's fault.

• Women must own up to the part they play in all this!

• I love sad guys? lol what no! Nice guy are nice! I think nice guys should stay nice guy but get some passion and some encourage and some energy. I am pretty sure you will find her.

• I guess a man acting like a cocky, arrogant ass is very important to women!

• In other words, it seems you want a magical mix perfection man. But you'll go for an arrogant ass if there's no perfection man around! I suppose that's pretty typical! Women like what women like! I hope you find the magical perfection man you crave! Peace and happiness to you!

• @circlebill eh? I am kinda go towards girls now? I don't really understand the male brain? And most girls are sweetheart and hellya attractive... Who know who I will end up with? But gag will know for sure! hahahha

• nice guys are actually the scariest type... they act nice but actually overly obsess over you and act like stalkers... i've had a few cases of running into such guys...

• The only reason the not-so-nice guys dont do that, is they get the ass then move on lol

• I'm confused, I'm usually alone, when I talk to someone I'm usually labeled the nice loser type, not scary at all. Though I'm far for clingy, if something goes wrong I'd probably be happy I'm having my personal space back (which extends for many, many miles around).

• For me when I think of the way your using "nice guys."I think of lost puppies that are so sweet it makes your teeth hurt. That they don't have a backbone at all. I can't stand guys like that.

• Your description makes me think of a Reba episode. Both father and son weeping over really nothing... *shudders

I would think there are nice guys out there that don't just mope and act like victims, right?

Okay, reading these comments are making me think that my definition of "nice guy" is wrong. I'm confused.

• No, the problem with "Nice Guys" is the opposite. They get angry and petty instead of being temporarily sad and moving on. Then there's the fact they get misogynistic and act entitled for PRETENDING to give a shit about a girl.

Also sir, being Bitter is just prolonged anger. And some "Nice Guys" get violent with women if that's what you meant by masculine anger.

• Im one of those girls that just finds it adorable when my man os sick or sad... i dont know why, but I just wanna kiss him everytime he looks upset...

What Guys Said 20

• Oh, din't Elliot Rodgers get Angry? And look what happened to him -_-

Most self-proclaimed nice guys are ticking fucking time bombs just waiting for any excuse to go full retard on all of humanity it seems >_<

i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif</a>

• to him (for us as people)
      didn't *

• This is sooo true

• @chinchillas agreed so when you sense that ___ is "ticking" RUN!!! 4 ya lyfe >)<

• The problem with nice guys is that they're bitches. They become doormats.

A girl wants a gentleman that respects her, sure, but not at the cost of being with a guy who allows himself to be walked on.

A woman wants a gentleman who respects her, but doesn't put up with shit. A guy who will push the boundaries, but respect it when she pushes back. A guy who isn't afraid to become a fucking beast ravage her when the time is appropriate. And yes, they like it when a guy can also not be a beast when necessary.

Nice guy is a loose term. To respect women you don't have to be a nice guy. To open doors, give your coat when it's cold, etc. you don't have to be a nice guy. Nice guys are typically synonymous with doormats, and women don't want a doormat.

• If they are actual nice guys then yeah they might end up sad more frequently. But if they're the self proclaimed 'nice guy' type then no.

• No, I got angry instead of sad all the time and I used to be a dumbass "nice guy" because I used to think "girls want to be treated a certain way for them to fall in love with you" and essentially dehumanized all of them.

• The problem is not being a nice guy. The problem is being a pushover. You can still be nice until somebody insults you or something.

• Well when my heart is broken, yes I get sad. Which I think is good because you don't want to see me angry, not a good place for me to go.

• What on Earth are those biased poll choices...

"Nice guys", or at least the typical "nice guys", are just bitter.

• I have a mix of emotion I get sad that I'm alone but also think it's for the best and angry (after the fact ) if a girl doesn't work out then I punch bags and run such good fuel! but really I can't think of what it working out would be if Im honest I can't say I haven't got girls (interested in me) but I always make exuses I once told this girl I had a girlfriend when I've never had girlfriend in my life lol

• Nice guys are nice on the surface layer. But deep down they have a lot of built up resentment toward others and have a lot of self-esteem issues. I used to be one.

• Wait. What? This is a skewed poll, and doesn't prove anything. You're clearly trying to guide the poll results with the way you're wording it. Garbage poll.

• Reading these comments, I can only aasume that bottom line, be an asshole and no one has the right to complain...

• The only reason they are called nice guys is simply because they dont go after what they want, they juat beat around the bush with women. JUST ASK HER OUT, they are never direct with women. And if they get rejected, they throw a temper tantrum.

• I get sangry: sad and angry.

• I agree. The true nice guys get sad than angry.

• Im feeling pretty down right now. You got a problem with me moping? Idc anyways

• But they are not entitled to getting angry. No one owes them any retribution for being nice.

• Nice guys do get angry.

• Yeah, they get angry at women when they won't fuck them for existing.

• Bitter maybe, not properly angry.

• Everyone has their own experience, you know what I'm sAying? Everyone gets sad and everyone gets angry. Nice isn't about how you feel, it's about how you treat people.

• C: Girls don't like sad guys.
    But: Hot guys get the hot girls, nice guys often get nice girls.
    And 10 years later, the hot girls are a lot less hot, the nice girls are still nice.

• You mean girls like angry guys? But why?

• What's relation between being nice and anger and sadness? Everyone gets angry and sad. Only difference is, some people handle it well while some don't.
    Those 'nice' guys are usually better at handling anger.
    A normal guy could be good or bad at handling anger. If a guy throws fit in anger it doesn't mean that he's an asshole.
    An asshole could be good or bad at handling anger... but he'd throw fits in either of situations :P

Note this: Anger is everywhere. You can't escape it. Embrace it.

• By 'nice' mean naturally nice guys, not 'self-proclaimed nice' guys. SP-Nice guys are just assholes with nice guy mask.