Why do people get uptight anout this?

So, I met a girl at college a month ago or so. I ended up asking to join me for coffee, so we did. When we got to the front counter, I told her I would pay for it because I was the one who asked her to go with me. She did not like the idea at all. Why would someone get offended if they paid for the other person to get their coffee? I was the one who asked her out, wtf.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have thank you and say ur very sweet to do that

Most Helpful Guy

• shit man its just women these days. I've been looked at like i was the devil for holding a door open for a women.

What Girls Said 3

• Who knows... I never assume a guy is going to pay for me, but if he offers I will gladly accept and thank him. I think it's sweet and shows the guys is a gentleman.

• i really don't get that either

• Because its "objectifying of women"... I don't know. Just keep doing what you're doing. The right girl will appreciate it : )

What Guys Said 4

• In my experience girls like to tell themselves everything is strictly platonic. Even if they know otherwise. What you have to do is just play along with it and say, "oh! Yeah, sure. I kind of have this bad habit of buying nice girls a drink..." Whatever... But change the topic AS SOON as possible! Don't linger. Most girls tend to start off with the assumption that if you give them something then you want something back. Don't give them that kind of pressure till after the first "date"...

• Women are modern aliens

• Maybe she just wants to pay. Not quite sure of the issue?

• Women, go figure, they are hard to understand at times and it was perfectly logical what you said, maybe she is one of those independent types or she feels obligated to treat you next and may not see you again