My boyfriend is too protective?

He has always been protective but after one bad incident his protectiveness has taken a whole new level. He walks me to school and back home which is nice but we often get out at different times and I don't want to be a bother. He warns me to stay away from certain guys, well it's a school a public place I think I'm quite safe. Maybe that's just jealousy? He always puts himself between me and a guy. Even in public when the guy isn't even paying any attention to me/us. I notice these little things and a part of me finds it cute while the other part feels like I don't wanna be treated like a frail little thing. What is the best way to bring this up with him?

What Guys Said 1

• Quietly inform him immediately when it's occurring:

"Stop. You're embarrassing me."

Don't push him away, or make a scene. It's important that you keep him close after it occurs. Thus your body language will tell him; it's alright, it's not a big deal. (yet)

That'll bring it up for discussion if he feels the need to further understand why it bothers you.

What Girls Said 1

• Just tell him that you appreciate the fact that he is trying to be protective of you, but remind him that you are perfectly able to protect yourself if an unpleasant situation occurs to you. Tell him that you don't need to be constantly accompanied by him.