Did my first date not go as well as I thought?

We're both a little awkward - INTJs - and we talked 2 1/2 hours straight during dinner. There was definitely chemistry. He leaned in and was laughing at my jokes. His pupils were dilated. Finally, I said something about my phone being in my car, and he asked if I was ready. I was talking to him as we were leaving and he was walking ahead of me, almost nervously. We make it outside and I mentioned my car being in the other parking lot and I was about to head that way after telling him tonight had been fun, which I meant. He walked me to my car, as he said the city could be sketchy this time of night. As we approach my car, I finish our conversation and he says "It was nice to meet you" and I said "Call or text me sometime." But by this time he was turning and walking toward his car. Why such a good night of conversation and then such an abrupt goodbye?

My friends said I should text him and say thank you for a wonderful evening (he paid) and "P. S. Thank you to walking me to my car. Bonus points ;)" But, I'm afraid his sudden end to the date and "nice to meet you" was a blow off? He seemed a little nervous, but everything else went well? What should I do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• You will do fine