Girls, Do you sometimes assume that an attractive guy is already taken?

I was really upset about it last night because a girl I really liked started going out with another guy, so my friend was trying to cheer me up. He told me that other girls probably thought I was already taken since I have a lot of girl friends, and I am apparently handsome, so he said they probably assume I already have a girlfriend which is why they dont like me. It seems legit because in the past I have had girls say things like "Wow Im really surprised you have never had a girlfriend" or "How do you not have a girlfriend, you are so cute" among other things. I feel like he was just trying to cheer me up though, is this possible? Could that be the reason girls dont ever seem interested in me? Is this something girls do, assume that a guy already has a girlfriend which is why they dont show interest in him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do not assume such things. I need to know if he is really taken or not. Just being handsome or having lots of gir frends do not mean you are taken.

Most Helpful Guy

• They ask you this kind of question because they're subtly revealing their romantic interest on you. Take it as a compliment and if you know how to attract a girl, you will know what to do.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, at least I do. I just assume that if he's attractive he already has someone plus sometimes good looking guys are intimidating to talk to.

• yeah, i do sometimes assume that, especially if they hang out with a lot of girls

• Yes, they're either taken or gay

• If you never asked her out or showed her interest you have no right to be upset that she has a boyfriend. Did you think she was going to sit around and wait for you? We can't read your mind. Some women are scared to approach men first because they don't want to come across as desperate.

What Guys Said 0