Who do you think has it harder when it comes to relationships males or females?

I think females do because most if them have trouble trying to find the right guy and always pick some jerk to date. That only wants her for one thing.

Most Helpful Guy

• "always pick some jerk to date." Well don't fucking pick the jerk! xD You claim to have it harder because you choose the wrong guy? I'm sorry, but having it hard means that you don't have options, not that you chose the wrong one.
    If women moved their butt out of the seat and approached men, they could go for the guy they wanted, but they don't, they rather sit down and wait.
    Don't complain that you have it harder when you don't do anything to make it easier, it's like the guy that never went training and complains that the coach doesn't put him in the game.
    If you don't make an effort, you shut up and don't complain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry this is a stupid question. You cannot say who has it harder between guys and girls in a relationship because everyone is different. Guy have as much trouble in relationships as girls do. I mean yeah I date a lot of jerks but guys can date bitches. Its not like only one sex is mean to the other. Its a 2 way street. In saying that, guys excuse me girls do their fair share of flirting & approaching in these modern times plus the majority of guys only approach girls who they think they may have a chance with, i. e. they are getting good vibes. In which case do you think that you are getting those vibes out of chance? Usually if I see a cute guy then I will do something to catch his attention and keep the flirting going till he approaches me... unless I am drunk and then I will just go flirt with him. Most girls are looking for the guys they want they do no just sit at home waiting for jerks to hit on them. Some people are so ignorant, honestly. Long story short there is no correct generalized answer because it varies person to person. Also what if the relationship is between the same sex. Then who has it harder. It just doesn't work. Don't want to sound like I am attacking you but you asked this question to start a debate and get a rise out of people so here you go.

What Guys Said 21

• Guys have to approach, and approach well, to have any shot with any female.

Gals have the ultimate burden of "power of choice". It is ultimately up to HER who she chooses to date, so If she chooses badly, no matter how much deflection she does... she actively CHOSE that guy, and any negativity involving that guy is self-inflicted.

----

I say guys have it worse, because at least gals have choices available by default to choose from. A guy doesn't get jack shit until he refines his craft.

• Guys by a long shot. We're expected to approach. We're expected to be confident. We're by default expected to pay. We're expected to keep the conversation going. And so on. I am not saying that girls have it easy per se but way way easier.

• I don't see anything that makes me see one has it harder or easier than the other. While you say guys only want one thing , if he gets it that usually keep him happy and at home ( in a serious relationship. Small price for faithfulness ) . Unless a woman is financially independent ( rich ) she want too , just not what guys want

• "Picking a jerk" is not relationship troubles. That is making bad decision making. Not to attack you by the way. I make those mistakes as well.

But when it comes to getting relationships men have it easier. But when in comes to maintaining relationship women have a tougher time (but us men seriously suffer as well and much more then women realise). When it comes to ending a relationship men have got it really bad.

• guys have it far worse. forty percent of men reproduce while nearly all women reproduce. men have if far worse its not even a debate. if women perceive to have it worse then men thats simply because they are looking for external factors to blame for their poor decision making.

• Guys by far. Women have all the choice, and will get lots and lots of sex and easy access to lots of guys, and go through a lot of losers to end up with a good guy.

Guys don't have choice -- we have to campaign on just about everybody, get very little sex and access to women (for the same amount of effort), and if we're lucky end up with a loser.

All of this "generally." There is a "top 20%" of guys who don't really have this problem, and are the reason women get lots and lots of sex (and can't get a good man).

• Well, that trouble you mention is due to one of two things

1. Guys are good at pretending we love you
    2. Girls are too retarded to identify fake love

• I think guys do, but that all depends on what you're looking for I guess. If a guy just wants sex, then it's easier. But if it's for a relationship then it's harder. If the girl wants a relationship it's harder, but if a girl just wants sex then that is hands down the easiest. It's easier for a girl to get laid than for a guy to get laid. If a girl wants a relationship she has to decipher what guys are for real and what guys just want to wet their dick. But if a guy wants a relationship he has to convince her and show he isn't just in it for sex. Which is harder to do, especially if the woman is already jaded or her ex is still in the picture.

• Let's set emotions and personal experiences aside. Set up an online dating profile of a man and woman of equal attractiveness, qualities, incomes, and education. See how man date offers each get. Based on that, independent of quality, having more choice would mean women have it easier in finding relationships. Women initiate 70% of divorces, so perhaps they are harder to please in general.

• Men have to deal with the woman when she's on her period and the week before. We have to take the girlfriend's side in every argument with a third party (or we will answer for our transgression) no matter how ridiculous it is. We have to initiate the relationship, pay usually, and unless we have proof, always be wrong.

• Men expected to do almost everything, and at the end women choose to go with jerks and then cry about it, and expecting a good guy to accept them after all that shit.

• I think this is partly correct. Women tend to miss out on good men because they are hung up on a fantasy guy that isn't available to them; we have all the Disney movies to thank for that. OTOH, women do a LOT for the men they love that goes overlooked, and under-appreciated. I think your perception of "men do almost everything" is just a little off, or maybe I've misunderstood your meaning. What things are they expected to do, in your opinion?

• @cankles disney movies has almost nothing to do with it, disney prefer prince charming and knight in shining armor which are an good guys, but you can blame hollywood and telenovelas for this shit if you want, hollywood for showing most good guys as weak, and telenovelas for giving the false hope that women can change bad boys, which is not true in most of the cases in real life. As for men do almost everything, what I mean by that is that men expected to initiate almost anything, while women need to just wait and look pretty.

tvtropes.org/.../AllGirlsWantBadBoys

• Guys. Because girls aren't trying to find anyone, it's the guys duty to find and ask out. Girls only say yes or no.

• At least women have more options. Men have it harder finding a girl in the first place. And it may not even be the one for him.

• A woman can get a man easier than a man can get a woman. I am 46 and still single and not by choice

• We men have it harder definatley. Disagree with me if you want. But 90% of the time we have to approach, have the confidence to do it, actually have something to say, and ask for a date or phone number. Girls dont have to worry about that at all. All you have to do is wait for us to do it.

• I had to calm my nerve and tell her I liked her. Ask her on a date etc... feels like it's all on the guys to start the ball rolling. Oh yeah then rejection hurts

• Well everyone thinks the other has it easier.

• Males... hands down, not even an argument. It's like saying, what animal is bigger? Labrador or blue whale? Lol and it makes me laugh when you ladies go "Labrador"

• You have the power of choice. We don't. Be careful on what you're saying kid.

• Females, because they take things more emotionally.

• Men do. We have to do everything. Women just have to look pretty

What Girls Said 9

• I think relationships are just hard... period. Until you find the right one. But if I had to pick sides, I think the women do, but not for the reasons you think.

For the most part, men have the burden of making the first moves. Trying to figure out what would impress a girl, planning dates, etc. I could see where this would be difficult for some men, who are interested in more than just a hookup. They also get hit with rejection much earlier on. This could be crippling to a shy guy.

Men tend to not take a woman seriously if they know that the woman is interested in them, first. They are more likely to use them and discard them when they are done, because it's easy, and they don't respect the woman. Women often have delusions of grandeur when it comes to the men they find attractive, and will often bend over backwards for a guy they think they love, only to have the guy take advantage of them. Women shut out truly nice guys in favor of guys they feel are "more exciting". In SO many ways, women can bring the difficulty upon themselves, and be their own worst enemy.

I almost let the best guy in the world get away from me because I thought he was "too nice". I'm grateful every day that he is in my life.

• i think guys do because they aren't as socially or emotionally intelligent as females are.. and they don't pick up on the little things that women want them to. I think they end up really confused

• Funny, this has been my experience with women :). So certainly dosent apply to everyone. Get pretty tiresome also eventually having to explain women to other women.

• Overall and generalizing, both sides have it hard about the same. Guys have more pressure about initiating and various aspects of the innate/societal "provider" role. For guys who work out, fitness is hard work as well. Girls have more pressure when it comes to meticulous upkeep and beauty as well as being more vulnerable when it comes to sex. I think it's best to leave it at that.

• I think that it's not a pissing contest and that everyone struggles differently on an individual level. It's not like all dicks or all vaginas have 100% the same experiences.

• THIS!!
      It's an individual thing and we shouldn't get caught up in who has it worse. That doesn't help anyone.

• @Octavius yeah. All it does is create more tension, hard feelings and bitterness.

• Well, in my observations on this site, I wouldn't say one gender has it harder than the other. Everyone's problems are a little different when it comes to relationships and they are not all one and the same type of problems but fit into a few same categories.

• I think they are both hard to handle.

• Not this again. They both have it hard... lets just leave it at that

• FEMALLLLLLLLLLLLLLES.

• Women, we are expected to live up to social expectations of being a Virgin or having sex in a serious relationship or if we don't we get slut shamed or we become damage goods to men. Not to mention if we wait to have sex with a guy we are seen as prude or stuck up and If we have sex with a guy we are east or slut shamed