I think I've found my dream girl but I'm too shy to ask her out. What should I do?

I'm that slightly nerdy quiet guy and she is amazing. She's smart funny attractive and also a bit of a nerd. I can't seem to build up the courage to ask her out and I don't know what to do. I've never even dated before. Please help!!!

This isn't related to my actual question but what is with the date an Asian ads at the bottom of the tab. It's shallow, rude, objectifying, and just plain stupid. If a guy actually clicks on that you are an ass

Most Helpful Guy

• Mate, its alright!! It's great you've found her but whats the problem now?
    If it's shy, don't be! She's single and she's single for a reason, you could very well be that reason, and you won't know unless you go find out right?
    Is it courage? What happens when you see her? Do you talk to her often?

• Ya I have a few classes with her and I'm friend zoned currently lol

• Mate, don't go jumping to conclusion, your a good friend doesn't mean friend zone and why are you talking about your looks being bad, that ain't helping anything.
      Now, don't worry about looks and forget about the 'zone'... hard I know but make it happen!!!
      And secondly, stop thinking and start doing haha, the more you think the more reasons you'll conjure up to not do it so stop thinking and just go for it!!! believe me you'll thank me one day

• Thanks for the MHO mate, all the best!! I hope it works out and any questions you know where to find me

What Girls Said 34

• What I would do is I would find a mutual interest you both have, for example, say you like comic's and she likes comics (totally random but it's for examples sake) you could talk to her about comics or whatever you both might like.

But don't rush things. You should start off as friends first and let her know that you care about her (girls love that stuff, trust me ) then you should ask her to hang out or if she wants to see a movie (don't make it seem like a date, just hanging out) then if you find she might have feelings soon into it you should ask her out.

Or if you are old enough to go to prom (idnk how things are where you live or how things work out there) you should ask her.

Good luck :)

• First of all, relax. This is just a girl, and she's human too... so, just think of her as on your level. That makes it easier, right? When you put her on a pedestal, of course you're going to think that you have no chance with her. Anyway, I would suggest striking up a casual conversation first. Ask her about her day, the weather, anything really just to get her to talk to you. Make her feel comfortable with you and then subtly ask her out by saying something like "I really like you and I was wondering if you'd go out with me" or "I think you're really pretty and I was wondering if you'd want to go out sometime".

• Okay i'm gonna tell you this because I wish someone would have just told me this a long time ago. Life is wayy too fucking short to not go for what you want. I regret not going after who I. wanted now he's taken and happy. It sucked to have to see him in the hallways with her but , now im over it, thank goodness. Lets make a pact. Ill go up to this one guy I've wanted to talk to if u go up to your dream girl. Its okay if u stutter, dont have anything to say, or you turn red. All that matters is that she knows that you like her. You might not be compatible or you might actually be soulmates. You will never know unless you give it a chance. Good luck:)

• if she's your ideal girl, grab your balls and go for it man.

• hmm... text her... or write a little small note and wait for her response...

• Sometimes, you really have to get out of your comfort zone.

My boyfriend was quite the geek and super shy. Mid 20's, very handsome but had never been in a serious relationship before because of his shyness. I was shy as well, my entire face turned would turn red even at the mention of his name. I was apparently desperate in wanting to be with him so I decided to make the first move - I didn't think he liked me back, but I decided to take my chances.

I knew he was a gamer so I bought him a steamcard for his birthday. It was a very awkward exchange, no doubt. The next day when he was walking out of our workplace, I ran up to him for some small talk in hopes to warm up to him. He ended up asking me out a few days later and we have been living together for nearly a year. I definitely advise you to take your chances, you never know. Good luck!

• Maybe try this.
    If you have her number, ask to play 20qs
    If she asks "Do you like anyone?"
    Say "Yea you"
    and if you get a negative response
    change it to "Yea, you?*"

• Ok, first, you either need to introduce yourself to the girl (if you haven't already) and a lot of girls like upfront men, but some shy women love sweet notes, like a love letter, or a sweet poem. Just take it easy, and don't rush yourself into it, and when it's the right time when your comfortable with her, then ask her out on a date. :)

• JUST DO IT.

There's no use of waiting around, what if she wants you to make the first move ;)
    Think positive.

And maybe us girls do sometimes look for looks over personality. But it's the personality that's gonna let her stay.

• If this girl didn't want to date you, would you still want to be her friend? Just ask her, I mean she'll either accept or she won't. Instead of straight out asking her to be your girlfriend, or specifically asking her on "a date", ask her if she'd like to hang out somewhere, sometime. Just try and move the current situation beyond a few shared classes, without mentioning romance if you can. Just gauge her interest for a while.

I don't know which aspect of "nerdy" you mean, comics, videogames, harry potter? Get a conversation going. Ask her who her favourite avenger is, what house she'd be in Game of Thrones, what's the best starter pokemon of all time etc. Nerdy girls, a lot of the time we aren't asked for our opinions, we're asked to name the entire line of Durin to prove that we're not wearing a LoTR to impress guys.
    Just get your foot in that door, somehow!

• i suggest you become friendly to her first. but dont become a door mat she walks on.

if she feels the same way about you she will let you and give you an oppirtunity to ask her out

• I think it'd be easier to start talking to her little by little. Say goodmorning, ask if she could help you with some homework etc. When you've gotten a little closer to her, you could casually ask her out. For example if you are talking about movies, ask if she wants to watch one together. Or if there's a party ask if she's coming.

• Tell her! just do it! you'll never know if you never try. I liked this guy for over a year but could never say anything to him because I was too scared. Eventually I told him and he liked me for just as long. Were still dating years later and were very much in love and we want to get married soon. But we still wish we found each other sooner.

• Just do it man, I believe in you!

• Figure out the sort of places and things she enjoys, then randomly ask her one day of she'd be interested in doing one of those things with you, be it a movie, going for coffee or ice cream. Keep the location or activity casual and as things progress do some more "coupley" things.

And you sound absolutely adorable! She might love to go out with you! Best of luck!

• Drop hints that you like her. Flirt a little. Ask her how she is. Simple things, don't show fear, but then again if she sees you are kinda shy she might think it's cute if she also likes you.

• I feel the same way as you do. I'm in the same boat. But as a girl I would think it's best to get to know this girl, and then when you think the times right ask or tell her. As a girl whose liked a guy before, the girls shy too maybe becuase she likes you but she may like you. Give it some time.

• just go for it if you don't you'll miss out and regret it you never know how its going to go. p. s. if you don't want to say it face to face just send her a post it note but make sure she sees it also don't be too much just say i like you would you like to go on a date

• do you have her phone number? Send her text or walked up to her, say:hi, my name is xxx, can we make friends? or similar

• Fucki*g ask her out! Honestly don't worry about it I'm sure she'd be flattered you sound like a loverly guy :)

• Man up and ask her out or forget about her and move on.

• There's nothing more to say than just gets the balls and do it

• From a girls point of view go for it because u never know what might happen if u dont besides not all girls care about looks good luck

• just do it! She probably will be flattered! She might even likr you back.
    Courage thats all you need to find out! :)

• Go for it! Picture it like this the doors open u just gotta step in.. At least then u r taking part in her life most girls such as I find it awesome when a guy comes to talk to us! Also if her eyes r dilated get it done!

• Trust me ask her out. Don't wait to long to ask her.
    Don't worry about 'zone'. It doesn't mean that you can't go out on a date if you are her friend. Many times people were friends and they end up together so don't worry about that. good luck ;)

• Go ahead and ask her out!! Although I'm not expirianced go ahead!! You could get a chance with her!!

• JUST DO IT! take a chance and see where you end up. if it doesn't work then hey go find another

• Ask her out. I know it can be scary but 9 times out of 10 she is nervous and scared too. Good Luck

• What kind of a person are you if you let your fear stop you from chasing your dreams and don't even try?
    Regretting not doing something is one of the biggest regrets you could have.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 15

• Either you ask or her out or someone else will. How will you feel when she is going out with some other nerd because you sat around with your thumb up your behind? You need to get mad at your shy side and say to yourself, "Screw it! I want to go out with her and I'm asking now!"

• Okay, find a good opportunity when she is alone or something maybe just walking by herself and just tell her how you feel bro be like, hey I've had a crush on you for a while and then tell her all the stuff you just said as well even the nerd part im sure she'll think thats cute and ask her for her number and tell her that the two of you should go out sometime and then text her bla bla bla go from there lol

• If you don't make a move, nature will run it's course and she'll eventually run into some sort of jock/"alpha" and eventually get fucked & cheated by him.

• , Welcome to GAG where every one is bursting with positive emotion. Your probably right

• You're 15... she ain't your dream girl

• I made the account a while ago. I guess it doesn't auto update age. I'm 17

• And dude, you've been here 6 months... not sure what type of alien you are that ages 2 years in 6 months 😂😂😂

• I swear to god I'm not lying about this XD. I'm 17 !!! I don't know what to say to prove it but whatever. Doesn't really effect the subject matter of the question anyway

• Write a letter and put it in her bag :D, stating if she like you, meet me at... , if you don't , I hope we can still be friends. and write your name :D.

• @tvorhall those ads are the ones making cash for the website because 1. A domain needs money to be operated, 2. It'll be the owner's pay for being able to put up a good idea of a website, it's his idea and his work. (Maybe not his idea, but he's the one who took the action rite?, too bad if it wasn't his for the true person who came up with it)

• Dude ask her out. What sucks way more than rejection is the regret of never trying or having the balls to try.

• I say just go for it.

• Start asking other girls out first.

• Ask her anyway! The worst that could happen is that she says no. Most girls appreciate a guy who is willing to take the initiative.

• don't wait. ignore the self-doubt... trust me... don't let her slip away.

• I'm in the same boat. I am building up courage right now

• dream girl my ass. ur just young n horny.

• Stop being delusional faggot. Just picture here with another man's cum all over her face and that feeling of her being your dream girl will quickly fade away.

• quit being a fucking bitch and do it

• No such thing but just in case panic and do nothing. 5.6 pound baby Jesus will personally escort you away to heaven after you squandered your time here on unimportant Earth.